Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Crazy question about cervical nerve symptoms

Has anyone here experienced a chronic cough/runny nose? I have NO discs left from C3-C7. Just found this out because I was having weird pain and numbness in face, neck, shoulders, arms. The chronic nasal discharge, cough and hoarsness may just be unrelated but I wondered if anyone else has heard of these types of symptoms being related to cervical nerve damage?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I don't think crazy question!
    I do not have the severity of yours......with no cervical discs c3-c7

From my years ago MRI, I have......
    C5 -6 herniated discs, narrowing, degenerative changes C6-7 large bulging component Cervical arthritis

Recently, I had an unanswered post, similar to yours, but my symptoms a little different.

I was wondering if any cervical issues could be responsible for the weird feelings inside my mouth and changing voice.

I have the numbness of my mouth, lips and of my tongue, esp the tip of my tongue and also numb like feeling roof of my mouth, forward toward the teeth.
    I have on and off sore throat and occassionaly feels like lump in my throat.
    Also, occasional hoarseness...sounds like laryngitis or like I sucked on helium and have squeaky voice. I'll be speaking normally and then voice squeaks for a while then back to its usual.

I often times have nasal drainage and bit of a cough that accompanies my bad headaches .

Mine going on couple ..few..months. I forgot to mention when I last saw PM doc..so had to wait a month. Now it's more constant. I won't forget this time.

I'll be watching your post to see if anyone else can related.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• My symptoms are so similar to yours!!!!!! The facial episodes. Burning neck, jaw and lips..totally weird.