Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bulge after microdiskectomy

I am a month out of l4/l5 s1 microdiskectomy. I was in hospital for 3 days post op with nerve pain in buttock and leg. Incision healing well the 1st week. I developed a bulging at the top of my incision with really no extra pain. My incision was completely healed at 10 days and strips removed. Bulging continues to grow and is the size of a golf ball at the top and goes down both sides of incision. I had 2 repeat MRIs with signs of fluid but not an increase from time before. I developed extreme sciatic pain in both legs and pressure at tailbone and into vaginal region. Went back to hospital with no bladder function and spent 6 days in hospital. I am on foley cathider and sent home for 6 weeks on cath. 1 week later back to neuro office with same size swelling. Leg pain has improved and feeling better. They want to go back in and see if there is hole and repair. I am scared to death of reopening the area and messing with my back again. Does anyone else have the bulge and what have you done about it?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    edited 05/28/2015 - 4:16 AM
    I am having a little difficulty understanding your hesitating for doctors to check their surgery for investigating your new issues and repairing, as you said.

It is good that your leg has improved and feeling better.
    But now you have symptoms that need to be addressed.

You must have trusted your doctor to okay the first surgery.
    Please talk with your doctor as he knows your situation the best and knows how his surgery should have progressed, so he best to see source or cause of your new symptoms.

Please let us know if you decide to have the surgery ...and keep us posted on how things are progressing for you.
    I know it's frustrating. Hang in there!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History