Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pedicle screws

Can someone help me with this information:
I have often a severe right calf and foot pain as well as lower back pain. The pain is always there at some degree. I had a spinal fusion at L4 L5 two and a half years ago. I have had an emg, ncs, mri, and a cat scan. The emg/ncs were normal. The cat scan and mri showed that I have a right pedicle screw at L5 that is projecting past the lateral cortex of the right L5 vertebral body by 1.3cm from my fusion. my question is, would this cause my pain? I also have moderate central canal stenosis at L3-L4 with bilateral neural foraminal. My CAT scan also says that I have an abutment at the intraspinal S! nerve roots bilaterally. I have been told that the pedicle screw might need to be removed. Thank you.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,940
    If you were told that you might need screw removed...was that your doctor who told you?

You need to explain all symptoms , including your pain and where it is and any other questions or concerns to doctor ....and doctor needs to explain clearly, whatever treatment he thinks best for you.
    You are working together for your well being and need to be on same page.
    If you don't understand doctor, please tell doctor so he has opportunity to be more clear.
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History