Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help with foot drop

Hello all and hope you are all doing well. I haven't posted anything in a while but have spent alot of time reading from you guys. I am interested in any experience with foot drop. I had spinal fusion surgery early last year and total hip replacement in October. I am experiencing a lot of pain from different places.

The foot drop is a pain in the bum. I don't have any control over my right foot. I have a lot of nerve pain radiating from anterior ankle and going up into my lower leg. I have just returned from my surgeon where we xrayed my right foot and found small stress fractures, right big toe joint very large and very painful. There is no increase in uric acid levels and kidneys okay. I have been getting alot more sciatic pain that is now spreading from right bum to left. An emg test showed severe nerve dysfunction s-1 nerve root. I have an appt for pcp Monday to get referral to pain clinic, and I 'm not sure what to expect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I almost forgot to ask you guys about the muscle spasms in right calf that wake me at night and gets so bad I've had to crawl to the shower and massage it out under hot water. Thanks in advance for any help. Hope all of you are finding peace and not pain.