Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post surgery

I am concerned that after 7 weeks I still have good and bad days. Today all I wanted to do was lie down with my neck and shoulders supported. Yesterday I ran errands, bought groceries, visited mom in the nursing home, cooked a huge dinner and washed 2 loads of clothes. What's going on for me to be so up and down?

• You WAY overdid it yesterday! The recovery period for most people is a good 8-12 weeks. I'm almost 6 months out, and I still don't carry laundry baskets or do anything repetitive that takes strength.
    It is a bit of a test - if you're sore after doing things, then you know you can't do that for another few weeks - then take some more time off!

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• I am 2 1/2 weeks post c6-7 fusion . I do know this is still pretty early but still have good and bad days . Sometimes they are not due to being to active or doing too much. Just be patient. Keep following precautions. I think many of us can relate.
  • I have been told that recovery from such significant surgeries is not necessarily a "better every day" process. Spinal surgery truly affects your entire body, and takes a very long time for everything to work in sync again. Bad days aren't necessarily setbacks, they might just be reminders from your body to take it easy.
    L4/5/S1 scar tissue removal surgery, plus unexpected L4/5 microdiscectomy #2 October 2015
    L4/5 microdiscectomy May 2015
    2-level ADR C4-6 (Mobi-C) February 2015
  • And probably shouldn't be doing half as much as you listed. Spine surgery recovery is one step forward and two back, especially during the acute phase of recovery ( 12 weeks) and under. As you get further along, you will see things slowly improve but pushing too hard, too soon can result in undoing the benefits of the surgery.