Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally learned how to lose weight...chronic pain patient

horselady21hhorselady21 Posts: 174
edited 06/02/2015 - 6:52 AM in Chronic Pain
I wasn't sure what forum this would be best suited to, so please move it if need be.

I have a chronic pain patient for several years...2 surgeries, etc. I am not grossly overweight but have been struggling for years to lose the extra 20-30 lbs.

I was trying my best to keep up the hard aerobics, etc, which everyone knows is difficult if not impossible to do with back pain! And it wasn't really working anyways.

So I finally stumbled across Intermittent Fasting. First I thought, not me! I can't even fast for blood work! But I was desperate, and so tried it. And it works! I guess it became really popular in the UK a few years ago
It isn't always easy, but I am down 17 lbs in about 8 weeks. No loss of muscle, quit the gym and only do a few short HIIT sessions and 1 10 minute weight session.

Post edited, posting web sites for solicitation is not permitted