Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

herniation of L4-L5 due to L5-S1 surgery?

I just had decompression surgery on 4/27 for a herniation at L5-S1, both sides, even though my leg pain was mostly on my left side. Had instant relief of leg pain and within a few days, no back pain. However, 2 weeks after surgery, I started getting severe cramps in my left calf and also pain on top of my left foot. Dr gave me pain meds and valuim for the cramps. It has now been 5 weeks since surgery and I have horrible back pain right above at L4-L5, which was buldged when I had the decompression surgery. In fact, every disc in my back up is buldged, except for the L5-S1 and the disc at top of back/neck which is also herniated. I am scheduled for an MRI as Dr warned me that having surgery could actually cause a buldging disc to herniate. Next step would be a fusion. Has anyone else experienced this? I really don't want a fusion but I also don't want to take pain meds and valuim for the rest of my life. I am a 50 yo f, but very active, 4 wheeling, diving, hotseback riding, ice hockey, hiking, etc