Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Reporting Problems

We could really use your help here.

I understand that we have so many new members. The growth of new members is at a all time high. I have not kept track of the actual increases, but I looked back into a thread I posted back in late 2013. At that time there were a little over 25,000 International members registered for Spine-Health.

Today, that number is almost 46,000!

That number is staggering, but with it also comes some additional responsibilities. For almost the past 18 months, it was just Liz and myself taking care of the forums. Several months ago, I brought on Doug Hell.. Everyone needs to realize that all the moderators, including myself are volunteers. We do what we do here on our own spare time... Plus we are also spinal patients, dealing with the same chronic pain situations as so many others.

The increased number of new members also means many new questions, concerns, problems , etc. The How do I do this?
Where to I post that?, etc

We have tried to cover as much information in our Welcome Message. In that thread, we have hyperlinks to almost all the key areas of Spine-Health. Spending some time looking through that would make a new members stay even easier. Some people dont like our Welcome message. Right now, I know of no better way to help so many.

Brings back to the topic subject. We all know that when you first join a site, you are unfamiliar with the terms, how tos, navigation, etc. So when you report problems to us via PMs, in a thread, or an email to me, it would be very helpful if you could

• - Explain what you are trying to do... Make a post, create a new thread, send a private message, etc
    - Give us the details on how you are doing this, what buttons are you pressing, etc
    - Provide us with the results, any error messages, etc
    - Just like when you go to the doctors, the more information you provide the easier it will be to help out
I cant make any promises on how fast we can respond to some of these problems. Again, its numbers and time. I will promise you that we will try to address problems as soon as we can. But just like any other business, we will handle the priority situations first.

I received an email today... This was the entire body of the message

I log into Spine-Health, try to save it, it doesnt work

Now, if someone here can tell me how I should start to look into that one, please let me know.

Everyone must also realize, that Veritas LLC (Parent company of Spine-Health) is a privately owned company and does almost all the funding themselves and relies on advertising to bring in additional revenue. The main section of Spine-Health covers almost every possible spinal condition along with the various treatments. We also have one of the most extensive set of videos again covering conditions and treatments. All of this takes time and it takes the hard work of dedicated employees.

These Forums are a freebie The developers will always do their best to help out with system problems. But for the most part, its up to my moderator team to field the problems and come up with solutions. I work hand and hand with some of the developers in addressing problems. But there are limited resources. If this was a large public company with almost unlimited funds, there would be a number of paid system administrators and moderators , and then the volunteer team would augment that.

I am not looking for excuses in not dealing with problems. I spent 35+ years with IBM and I know exactly what is required to develop systems, document them and provide end user support.

Maybe next time you have a problem, please give us the details and be nice. My back hurts too!
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com