Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI Pain in Hip vs Sciatica Pain

mssusanmmssusan Posts: 7
I've recently re-injured my low back(?) and believe I'm having sciatica pain but also have pain in hip. I'm wondering how you tell the difference between SI and sciatica and if the treatments would be similar anyway. Maybe I have both syndromes?

Chiro trmts usually help my sciatica but haven't so far after 5 trmts. Icing, warm water exercise/floating!, tramadol, valium and various ointments have not helped pain. I took extra meds last night and still had trouble sleeping. I've had to give up my gentle daily walks because of the pain in my SHIN (nerve not shin splints??), foot and hip.

X-ray of lumbar spine to be done tomorrow.

• Hi there

I had severe sciatica due to herniated L4-L5 The pain would start after being on my feet for a couple of minutes and only relief i could get was from sitting or squatting to take pressure off the nerve. Mine reabsorb after about 4 months but unfortunately I reherniated it and had to have surgery.

I am 7 months post surgery and was feeling good the first 4 months but developed groin pain when I go from a sitting to standing position, slight pain in the buttocks, and the worse thing is when laying down on my sides have a burning sensation in my inner thighs and groin. I just had an MRI and there has been no reherniation only some scar tissue growth. I am looking into the Si joint because my symtoms seem to match up witn Si joint dysfunction