Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

people who understand

Im so glad i found this site! listening to people who are going through the same as me helps so much.
Iv had back problems for years, starting with scoliosis and having corrective surgery at 30 and the following 6 years having 5 revision surgeries for loose screws, prolapsed discs and tears in the cerebral fluid sac, most recently having metal rods removed.
But still the pain is there.
I have 4 children and try so hard to be normal but its a daily struggle. I get asked everyday if i feel better because i may look fine, like its a headache, most of the time i say yes just because i havnt got the energy to explain yet again why im not okay......i just say "yeah im fine"........but im NOT 'fine'.

• people that do not have or understand pain....just do not "get it". No fault of their own. I remember before I had spine issues, I could not understand why people had a problem with lifting things not that heavy. NOW I understand. You need to walk in their shoes before pain is understood. When people ask me how are you, I Also just say FINE. No one REALLY wants to hear how you really feel. No one wants to join a pity party. Pain is just that way. We have to live IT everyday.
  • TraceyelizabethTraceyelizabeth WalesPosts: 30
    edited 06/05/2015 - 9:42 AM
    Yes your so right, people will ask but they dont want to hear the depressing truth : /
    Like I said, so nice to relate to people in the same position trying to lead a normal life!