Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 Year Post Op C3/C4 Fusion..... Incredible Pain!

LilleyTLLilleyT Posts: 1
edited 06/06/2015 - 8:59 PM in Chronic Pain
I was in a horrible accident 2 years ago. I was stopped for construction on the interstate, at the bottom of a hill. Three teens didn't pay attention to the warning signs and were ALL on their phone. We were hit 3 separate times and pushed into a large truck in front of us. My husband and kids are fine, but I unbundled after the first hit because the kids flipped out and I wanted to reassure them. There were 3 more impacts after that. I've had my right rotator cuff repaired, my spine fused at C3/C4 and 2 months ago I had my left rotator cuff repaired, along with torn cartilage. I am in pain every day of my life. I should also say that I'm 30 years old. I've read many stories on here similar to mine, but have yet to come across anyone in their 20s or 30s. I know they're out there. My question is HOW do you deal with pain every day? I don't sleep because I hurt. I have another disc messed up badly at C4/C5 but the neurosurgeon didn't want to do 2 fusions when I was 29. How do you deal with the INCREDIBLE depression? My husband is a wonderful man and tries so hard to understand but there's no way for him to. I promise I'm not trying to get attention or handing out invites to a pity party. I just need to hear from other people in my situation. I was told by my pain management doctor that I needed to understand that I will be in pain the rest of my life because of the extent of my injuries. I also struggle with anger. I'm angry that all 3 teens that hit us walked away from this. Don't get me wrong. At the same time, I wouldn't wish my pain on any of them. But it does anger me that they're fine and have moved on. Well I know the young lady who hit us last is probably dealing with PTSD as well. She was really shaken up and it was a horrible accident. I'm still afraid to take the interstate and avoid it at any cost. Is there ANYONE, any age, who can relate to me or give me advice?
advertisement

Comments

• when we hit a deer on an interstate on a motorcycle. I had major damage to my right shoulder, both knees were seriously damaged but the brunt of the impact and damage was to my spine.
    I had a shoulder reconstruction, developed RSD , and frozen shoulder, lost the use of my arm,hand and fingers due to the RSD, multiple knee surgeries on both knees ,and so far two spine surgeries, with a third one being necessary due to extremely severe stenosis, facet fracture and two spondylolysthesis at l3-4 now and l5-s1, which I am being told must happen or go back to the wheelchair sooner rather than later.
    Living with chronic pain is not easy, especially when you are young, or have young children . Sleeping disturbances are all too common, and so is anger and depression.
    Working with your pm doctor to find a balance of medications AND other therapies to keep the pain under control is the best way to manage, getting some regular excercise within your capabilities helps to release the anger and eases depression, as well as medications if needed. Having the support of family and friends also helps. A good therapist that you can trust also helps when you just need to vent is a lifesaver, especially during those times when the pain is running high..

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,940

Please take the time to read this post and refer to it when you have questions

I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing.
    Here are just some of the highlights that are available as tabs on the main Spine-Health menu bar

Spine-Health Main Menu Tabs

Conditions Detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal condition.
    Treatment List of treatments to the conditions identified by Spine-Health.
    Wellness Section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.
    Medical Articles
    Pain Forums These are the forums you will be using
    Find A Doctor This provides with a method to search for doctors in various locations.
    Videos Index to all Spine-Health Videos

As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 27,00 international members and growing daily.

IMPORTANT

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- All new members must read our FAQ in order to understand the layout of the forums, how to navigate through the forums, helpful terms, how to make effective threads and posts, plus a link index to many of the important medical forums and key medical articles on Spine-Health Forum FAQ

I am positive any member, new or old will find this Chroinc Pain - Step by Step thread very valuable.

Here are some links that all new members need to review to create effective threads and more

Read before you post
    More Info Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

You can also find Spine-Health on these Social Networks

Facebook www.facebook.com/spinehealth
    Pinterest http://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/
    Twitter https://twitter.com/SpineHealth

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message facility to contact any one of the Spine-Health Moderators

dilauro

liz

Doug Hell

Savage

Also working with us very closely is Allison Walsh from the Spine-Health company

awalsh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History