Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

had an appointment today..

Update: so I had my follow-up (from neurosurgeon) appointment today, with my PCP. As I stated in a previous post, I've had chronic pain for about 8 years.

SIDE NOTE: Last year I had a referral for pain management (which I got in December) but the referral became void in January (when I had my appointment). Because my insurance changed and I changed PCPs.

This PCP doesn't want to take anything from any previous doctors. She did send me to the neurosurgeon who prescribed me muscle relaxers (with refills) and Lortab (which I was also prescribed by urgent care last year).

I've done physical therapy in the past with no luck, I have no problem trying it again. She referred me to PT but still won't send me to PM (Pain Management). She was upset the neurosurgeon prescribed me lortab (guess she's not a fan). She's a great doctor nonetheless. As I've stated in previous posts, I don't take it often but when I'm having really bad pain days, it's the only thing that works.

The PT is also a PM doctor, but I'm only referred for PT. When I have my appointment, should I explain the whole situation to him?