Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Allergic reaction to adhesives from pain patches

ellengreenspooneellengreenspoon Posts: 3
edited 06/08/2015 - 8:32 PM in Pain Medications
I am new to this site and I am sorry so many. Of you suffered as I did from an allergic reaction to the adhesive.

I have a solution that worked for me

1. I outlined the patch on my skin
2. I sprayed the inner edge where the patch
Was to be with an inhaler which blocked
Breakthrough of the allergy for a week
3. Apply patch

I too went through hell and tore off I don't know how many patches because of the allergy. I told everyone until I heard this solution.

Now I am in Canada so I needed a prescription which he gladly have me

I really do hope you give the patches another try. They didn't work for me but I truly do for you and feel free to contact me if you have any questions

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    edited 06/09/2015 - 4:55 AM
    I only developed that in the past 10 years. I am ok with any latex but only for a short period of time.

With both of my hip replacement surgeries, where they taped the drape around my hip developed into a nasty reaction. I had to use some antibiotics, plus topical cream to calm down the irritation. I had to wear compression stockings prior to my ankle surgery. For the first 3 weeks I as ok, but then I developed a nasty rash in both legs where the stockings where. When I get some blood work drawn, if I leave the band aid on for more than 24 hours, I develop some welts and a rash.

Really nothing I can do to stop that except to make sure I limit the time I have exposure to latex

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • As a follow up to my original solution, today I tried spraying the area where the patch would go with Benedryl spray and 24hours later I have no reaction. Without the spray the itch would be worse than the pain