Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe, constant nerve pain

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with spina bifida occulta 4 years ago (I am 24) and have suffered with constant back pain ever since. I used to have occasional nerve pain in my legs but now it has gotten severe and lasts a long time to the point where I can hardly walk, along with my feet being freezing cold. I was prescribed neurontin which used to help but it is not helping with my leg pain anymore. Does anyone know if this is a sign of degeneration or if there is a simple way to find relief? I have not been able to walk or sleep and would really like to find something that helps and figure out why the pain is so bad all of a sudden. Thank you
Tashia Gorham

• are you taking? You may need a dosage adjustment or a switch to a different nerve pain medication such as Lyrica, cymbalta, or one of the others used to treat nerve pain.

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,804
    If your feet are getting cold, and not cold to touch that is more a sign of a form of peripherial neurapthy and needs to be looked at. Are you seeing a neurologist or a Primary care physician for this? Do not take this lightly , have it ruled out by a neurologist because if it is PN the earlier the better for treatment to stop progression.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.