Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm posting this because it happens way too often. In fact I'm experiencing it now. Painsomnia, I'm so exhaustred but the pain is excruciating that I can't sleep. I've tried sleeping on my right side with a pillow,on my back and on my stomach. Nothing works. Pain meds work temporarily. And just leave me doped up. If anyone has new in''fo that'll help please share. Otherwise I'm sleepless in NYC.

• I know exactly what exactly you are going through. I too am having problems. Do you ever take a sleeping pill? It may give you a few hours of rest...they don't give me much but everyone's different. It sure is hard though. Hope the best for you. Maybe I will see you on site again. I will be. Good luck.
  • Godsdevoted1406GGodsdevoted1406 Posts: 4
    edited 06/11/2015 - 10:47 PM
    I been prescribed Gabapentin. And it helps me some with sleep. But once it wears off I'm back with the pain. It's frustrating. Just want pain to go away. I thank you though for replying.
  • Don't we all. After dealing with sciatica (my doc said you have a classic case) for 2 1\2 months, I finally got pushy and told I was getting worse not better. I couldn't sit, stand sleep and just paced. Finally he ordered x-rays, blood work, bone scan and MRI. He has scheduled trigger point and spinal epidural injections. Took me out of work 1and said no driving unless no other choice. Why am I saying all this? Sometimes we just let things go on too long and need to let our docs know we need some interventions done by the professionals we pay for advice. Maybe it's time for you to be up front with your medical professional too. What can it hurt. Good luck.
  • I have an appt scheduled just that. Pacing helps but who wants to pace all night. I want relief that lets me sleep and function. Thanks for the feed back I truly appreciate it.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    of your lack of sleep.

You mentioned being prescribe Gabapentin (Neurontin). What was the diagnosis that your doctor identified to prescribe this?
    Its mostly considered a nerve medication, many diabetics use it or those suffering from nerve pain after surgery.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Try sleeping on your back with your legs raised up until the pain relaxes a bit. I can't sleep on my back either but have found raising my legs, bent at the knee, up to 45 * relieves my hip, back and sciatic pain enough to do PT AND get a good 4 to 5 hours sleep every night. I REALLY hope this helps. My pain is to where I can't wait to go to sleep at night for those few hours and dread waking up in the morning.