Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chest Pain after C4-C7 ASDF

JenD40JJenD40 Posts: 2
edited 06/24/2015 - 3:57 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Good Morning. I am a 45 yo female with rheumatoid arthritis who has undergone a C4-C7 ASDF with donor bone graft. Has anyone experienced intense chest/thoracic pain, radiating to right upper back and shoulder, following this procedure? My surgery was on 6/11/2015 (yesterday). I called my neurosurgeon and he seems to think it's posotional. He wants me to go in this morning if my symptoms have not improved. I prefer to remain at home rather than ride in a car today! I will comply, but I am not very happy with this, as my surgery pain is manageable and my symptoms are already improved.

Welcome to Spine-Health

• It's like a charley horse in my esophagus. I really think it is my esophagus truthfully. I have noticed it comes after swallowing liquids,lasts about 5 seconds then is gone.My surgery was June 9 so I am a little ahead of you. Let me know what NS says.

• I have in fact had both the paan down the middle of my back and the lump in my throat. It gets better every day.
  • We're headed to the hospital per orders. There is no rhyme or reason to this pain. It's not related to eating, drinking or movement. I'm hoping they can give me something to calm it down and send me home.
    It could most certainly originate in the esophagus and radiate backwards...is definitely something to consider.