Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trigger Finger

Anyone have Trigger Finger? I have it now for the past 1/2 year or so. (My PT says) It seems to only happen at night, or when I wake up. During the day, I don't have it. What causes this and is there a way to get rid of it? It's really painful too.
"Nobody Should Have To Suffer"

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,848
    i have had it several times. Mine is in my thumb. It started off with clicking any time I move my thumb. This was going on for about six months. It became very painful driving. (My car is standard).

I finally started seeing an occupational therapist. They put me in a little thumb split. Then I had to wear. A hand/thumb brace.

And yes was always more painful at night.

The cause! Arthritis. The solution was anti-inflamatory medication and volte ran gel

Even though this started several years ago, and still bothers me from time to time. Really no long term solution
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I had multiple triggers on my left hand. After two steroid injections per finger at different times, I finally left them cut. Local anesthetic and pretty quick. Fixed them.
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 06/13/2015 - 8:14 AM
    My husband had 2 different trigger finger surgically fixed. Before he had it fixed, he would tape his finger to a Popsicle stick to stop t from locking up while he slept.
  • Heyred1972HHeyred1972 Posts: 9
    edited 06/30/2015 - 3:16 PM
    I have trigger finger in my right thumb, the Dr REALLY wanted to give me a shot for it. He loved giving shots lol. Anyway, he took a bandaid and wrapped it around the joint on my thumb and told me that if I do that at night when I sleep, it would stop the thumb from bending thus stop the locking at night. So, I bought some medical tape (any tape will do) and would wrap my thumb nightly. After a few months of doing this, I forgot one night and it didn't lock up. I haven't taped it for over a year and it hasn't locked up since. It will still get sore at times, I think it is because I type a lot and use a mouse for work but it still has never locked up again. You may try that before surgery or shots. Good luck and keep us up to date on how it goes :-)
    Time is the coin of your life. It's the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg