Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what to have ready

cherrybabyccherrybaby Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
It is getting close to my sugery!!! I am scheduled to have it on the 21 of this month. I am still in pain and having some new pain in my leg. It fells like a leg cramp or a charle horse that will not go away and the pain in the back is worse.
But what i need to know is other than having my house cleaned and people ready to help me. I have heard of getting a grabber and every thing up higher but what else do i need to have ready for me to come home. I do have kids that will be able to help but they don't always help. if you have kids you know what i mean.
I need to know what to have for me. bath things personal thing. or any thing i need to help me around the house.
Thanks for all of you advice and help!! Love ya all!!!! ;) ;) ;)

• I sent you a PM regarding this. Read it and write to me.

Kin :) :) :)
  • Ok now I am in panic mode I just talked to my doc and the sugery has been moved up to the 17Th of this month!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
  • a basket for my night stand for hold my meds./ vitamins/a travel pack of wipes.

A magazine holder ( like you'd put on a shelf) to put nextto my bed and hold: notebook (hand for keeping track of med times, phones calls, questions for doc.), list you need to make (chores/ food shopping list)magazines several pens

my lap top

My room is upstairs so I brought up a tray table and good desk chair.

Walkie Talkies...they have a 1 mile range. The first couple of weeks I wouldhave one and my family would leave one in the kitchen so some one was bound to hear me. It worked great....after a couple of weeks I think they conviently forgot to turn it on sometimes.

Good luck!
  • My husband asked me to get about a 2 week supply of human food/supplies and even petfood. I also bought some laxatives and prune juice :O

I loaded the freezer with easy to prepare family type meals. Lasanga, fresh frozen soups, fully cooked heat & serve chicken etc.

I also picked up a case of protein shakes- quick and easy snack or meal for someone that is on meds and recovering from major surgery.

Paper plates and disposable napkins.... As much disposable stuff I thought we would use. I want to make life as easy as possible for my guys (hubby & daughter).

I am pretty much all ready to go just waiting for my OR date.

Good luck Cherry :)

PS/ what are you having done.

• sll that I know is that it is a level 1 fusion of the l5 s1. my disk is gone and i have two severly pinched nerves.
  • the above posts are great info!!!!!