Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
I just got in a flipping car accident about an hour ago, sheesh, I just got 50x's more stiff and a headache to boot...But I walk in the front door and not a single family member asked if I was okay, they wanted to talk about my sister and her phone bill...My nerves are FRIED!!

And I'll be fine, little old lady in a hurry to get to the hospital side-swiped me but the officer was unable to determine fault as there were no witnesses...
advertisement

Comments

• You make me feel better! I don't know that the little old lady knows what happened and there-in lies the problem...Plus the fact that she didn't stop afterwards, so he couldn't recreate and I'm sure she was going really fast...I'm not mad at her like I was with the other accident because #1 she's 86, I wasn't sure she should be driving a vehicle #2 she was on her way to the hospital to see her husband and she said it didn't look good...I'm sure she was distracted like crazy, as I would have been if I were in her shoes! And she kept mentioning a 3rd car, but I don't know what she's talking about...I'm sore, but not like I was after that other accident, just a bit stiffer and painier (not a word, but can't think of one) than I'd felt earlier and shook up of course but not nearly as bad as I felt after I was rear-ended!!

And I think I'm going to have to have a whole new set of diagnostic work done once I can get myself through the University system, as it will be all new docs, which I don't mind because I really do despise my ortho...So no surgery date yet, but I'm hoping before the end of the year.

I thought about the meds too, but I hadn't taken anything since 6:30 that morning, though I wasn't exactly looking to pull out my bag of scripts and show them to him...We were both worried about the little old lady, she had high blood pressure and I didn't want her to overtax herself and neither did he and it feels like 100 degrees outside and she wouldn't turn her car on for her AC.

• That is sad for her, to be in a situation like that at her age. Not that it is any good for you either. If you begin to feel as if you may have damaged something...go to the ER or doc asap....I know your waiting for the university specifically, but be careful.

OMG....family, gotta love em! So how is your sisters phone bill? I have four siblings...so I know how things get.

Take care,
    Anna
  • When it rains it pours!

Nancy! I'm so sorry! That's my biggest fear and probably the fear of many of us that were injured in accidents to begin with. I'm glad that you're "okay" for now although you and I both know how these symptoms sneak up on you. I hope you go in to see the doc to be checked out no matter what. Given your cervical problems I think it's warranted.

Take it easy for a few days even if you feel good...orders from Griff! Don't inflame anything, just rest and let your body heal from the shock.

I wish I could do something for you... I'm sorry :(

Griff
  • That WAS my biggest fear, another accident especially from the rear, but luckily it wasn't from behind. I think I'd have a lot of pain and probably would have had to go to the hospital had I gotten rear-ended! Ironically, I was just leaving the chiropractor's office! Maybe that's what helped, he aligned everything! :P Really, I do feel ok, just sore which is different from the regular pain. But my worst fear came true and I made it! But my poor little car, it needs to be fixed soon.

Don't worry Mama Griff I'll be careful, I am at work, but my work isn't strenuous other than the sitting most of the day, but I'll be sure to stretch and get an ice pack if I need it...And it's okay Mama Griff, I'll be fine...Now if I could get the PM doc to call me back again!

Abudrow- She used 4,000 minutes and caused everyone else to go over, so the phone bill was through the roof. She's always causing drama and messing up the phone bill (we pay for ours, we're just on a family plan all together as it was started when I was in college)...So my parents are angry, the bill was over $700.
  • BUT if you call me mamma one more time...... LOL!!! I'm wayyy to young to be your mamma...maybe a older sister, a, ahem, much older sister, but I simply cannot be your maw.

It reminds me of a story of when my daughter was a teenager. People used to tell me that I looked too young to have a daughter that old. I'd look em in the eye and tell them that I had her when I was 15 (that made me 29). They fell for it every time! I used that for a few years, subrtacting years to add up to 29 until it made no more sense haha. Sheesh, she's 23 now, older than I was when I had her.

Anyway, back to you. IF you feel the need, take off work, take it easy, go see a doc. No pressure, no "motherly" advise. :D

Griff
  • It was a joke about the mama thing, I just said it because you look out for me in a way that most other people in my life don't! It was a sign of respect, not of age lol, and I appreciate so much you and everyone else helping me to cope with everything...You don't look old enough to have a daughter that age!

I am definitely a little sore today but really, all in all, not bad at all...I don't feel a thing like I did after the other accident! I'm nervous,think my nerves are still haywire, but that's about it.
  • Hi fancypants,

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you again :O I'm so relieved that you are ok. Sideways knocks really hurt me so I'm glad it wasn't me in the car. I do feel sorry for the old lady too, but my primary concern was you. I'm glad that you are getting more diagnostics done soon. Good luck with everything and make sure you take your meds if you get a delayed sore/stiff reaction! Hugs, Spicey
  • Good to see your ok.....
  • Is definitely not old enough to be your mama. She and I are sisters, and I'm not old enough. :P

I'm glad you are okay and that the accident wasn't too serious. Just remember that your neck is already weakened and so you need to make sure and don't settle with the car insurance until you know that this accident didn't cause further damage.

Sorry about the phone bill. Have your parents contact their provider and see if there is anything they can do. Often if it is a first time thing, they will give you a break on the bill. Ouch--$700! I think my kid would lose her phone if she did that, and she'd be paying the bill herself.

Take care of your neck.
    cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    Well, at least for me, I am the Papa.
    Old enough - but wise enough?? perhaps smart enough ?????
    Well anyway.
    Nancy, I am glad that you came out of the accident without major problems ....
    I do hope that you get better each day.

So many people here reach out and I am only too glad to touch back and let you know that I care.

PapaRon
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Heck, I'd take a daughter like you anyday! And it actually works out....I had you when I was 12! LMBO!

Ron can be the baby daddy ;)

I do NOT want to adopt your sister.
  • No worries, it's a one child only internet-adoption, lol! ;)

I don't think many want to adopt my sister, but that's normal! :P

Ron is the baby daddy, aka Papa Ron, so wooohoo Mama Griff! ;)

Thanks so much for the concern from everyone, I really appreciate it, more than you know! I still feel like crud, but I think that's because it's going to rain, just like it does nearly everyday during the summer!! That and my meds suck!!

Spicey- it was more of a frontal knock, I think she was changing lanes and clipped me on the front end...I'll put up a pic of my poor little car! It's a good amount of damage, I need a new front bumper, side panel and quite possibly a new hood...

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • That really really sucks!!!!! but I'm glad your ok, and to not have a family member care really is a kick in the butt!

• Ouch!
    Glad you are ok.

My Sister drove me to my 2nd surgery.
    It was in Beverly Hills and we came in thru Santa Monica.
    The road/hwy curves(by the pier) and she side-swiped another car.
    Banged me up pretty good but I didn't care anymore as I was about to go in to surgery.
    LOL
    Dumb BMW's airbags did not deploy either!

Anyways, keep an eye out for those real-life bumper cars!
    -----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Us spineys need airbags for our backs!
  • I'm glad your ok but make sure you get it checked out. Your health is more important than the car or your sister's phone bill.
    May I ask... what kind of treaments is your chiropactor giving?
    Kristina
advertisement