Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trying not to be discouraged....

Hello all..new member here that has been reading many posts over the past month. Trying not to be discouraged and I know this is a journey. Wondering how one knows that it is time to explore the surgery option. I am trying not to entertain the thought and stay strong but the pain and spasms have become more frequent . The back spasms are what stop me...they are unbearable. I have tried muscle relaxers, pain meds,massage,tens,chiro,several injections , accupunture etc. Tomorrow I am scheduled for a Botox injection. Hoping that helps...
You have all been thru so much and I respect your opinions and knowledge. The thoracic area is a challenge for Dr's ...not sure what direction to go in. Trying not to lose my steam and stay strong.
Any thoughts are appreciated....thanks so much...

Thoracic kyphosis
Discogenic Marrow changes. T6-7 T7-8. T8-9 T9-10
Mild bulge at T2-3 and T 3-4
Protrusion at T9-10 contacting the cord ** most pain is here**
Severe thoracic spine spasms at T9-10
Cervical spondylodis
Spondylodis of lumbar region

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Please click on this Welcome and you will be led to know more about SH and how to best navigate this site to best benefit you.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thank you...I have already done that. I posted on the welcome page awhile back. I will revisit that...
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Oh....No need to revisit new member posting.

I just read this post were you mentioned you are new member.
    I just thought some of your other posts were elsewhere .
    I thought you were not yet welcomed.

Sorry for any confusion.
    I'm sure you are aware, but on left of page, clicking...view my posts...is easiest way to see replies no matter where you have posted.

sorry for the pain you are in. I have never been a candidate for surgery.
    Best of luck with decision making process with possible surgery outcome!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Many thanks Savage...I am learning my way around here. I just need some guidance regarding my situation.
    I am a highly functioning 59 year old who is fast approaching my limit with thoracic pain and spasms.
    Having a really rough patch right now. Considering seeing a neurosurgeon who specializes in thoracic
    spne surgery...hopefully minimally invasive. Not sure there is one in my area. I live in Central NY.
    Really do not want to go this route but I have had enough...not sure what enough should be though. That is why I am here.
    I need the wisdom of others...take care...
  • Hi Annie I did all you have done to relieve my pain! I know how frustrating this is! After struggling for over 5 years I am scheduled for a Spinal Fusion on 7/9/15. Yes I am full of anxiety but trying to stay positive! This forum is frightening hard to find anything positive. I had a Lamenectomy on 8/2012 . The pain going down my legs was relieved, however the lower back pain intensified.
    I am not on here to often, I will post again after surgery . I don't post anything negative it doesn't help anyone. My Dr suggested I don't go on these forums . Everyone is different etc etc .
    Good luck to you!
  • Many thanks Denise...
    Wishing you a successful surgery and relief of your pain. I am trying to stay positive also. This forum is a new
    experience for me. I am trying to learn from the positive wisdom of others. Yes we are all different ....one of my Dr's worded it perfectly. We are like snowflakes...each one different and unique. So I will be thinking of you and wishing you well from afar...take care