Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Canon..or Nikon

Point n Shoot
Or do you like to get all fiddley with your Camera
Landscape or family
Are ya analog or gone all digital like

The reason ime asking is i wonder if you have a artistic distraction from the every day grind from pain.

When i got the energy,i love to carry a lil point n shoot Canon with me..coz you never know what will pop up...
Ive got an 8 mp camera that does quite nice with the sunsets and pics of my cat.

If it brings you a measure of joy,follow it,see where it will take you.
Ive learned more about photography since january if this year than most of my life.

Its the process you know
Its all the details,analytics when you see,a vid or picture and can guess or surmise what they did to get that feel.
I hope you have a litte something to bring you happiness in your life!

William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• ivymiivym Posts: 278
    edited 06/24/2015 - 3:44 AM
    This is something I definitely want to try.

• I hope you find some joy and some escape from the grind with pain.
    I especially love the Fall and winter,there is a beauty in the stark light that Black and White catches
    Even more
    The crisp air,the hollow silence, the skys.
    I got a ilttle P&S for 20:00 and it has helped me visualize what this or that setting does.
    I hope you can find a little camera to show the world that,even though were Spiney,were still Beautiful inside!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Attitude is everything and there is beauty everywhere.
  • Finally
    I can start realizing what and how i see it!
    And share it with the world
    The World is,a awsom place!
    So many things to see
    A chaser of light...
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• mrjollymmrjolly Posts: 54
    edited 07/27/2015 - 10:19 AM
    Canon for me!

Before I injured my back I was into astrophotography and Canon cameras had the best support and most software available for taking multiple long exposures while connected to a telescope.

I think the best photo I got was if the whirlpool galaxy, about 20 million light years away! It's not a patch on the Hubble (i use a skywatcher ed80 telescope and heq5 mount so not exactly big!), It's more of a faint blob that looks a bit like a galaxy but for me it was about the challenge of doing it. Getting everything set up correctly and being outside in the pitch black taking photos of seemingly empty sky, coming in and processing the images the next day to see if there was anything there or whether I was among at the wrong spot or hadn't focused properly (which I usually hadn't!)

Probably won't be able to do that for a while for risk injuring my back again as the scope, mount, weights etc. Weigh a ton but hopefully one day! Until then I've got a nice Canon camera to use.

I've also always liked the photos that "toy" cameras like the Holga, Diana cameras etc take. If I had the patience I'd love to have a go at taking photos with those and developing them myself.

Might be time to get myself a new hobby...!
    L5-S1 microdiscectomy, May 2015
  • I love taking pictures. I don't have the best camera because I keep it in my purse, so it has to be small and light. I have taken some amazing pictures, 2 years in a row I had some Canada Geese let me watch their eggs hatch. Two hours taking pictures. this year I missed it but got their right after because the eggs were still pretty much intact and the youngest was still very green...
    But I also find it hard to look up for too long, last year I was watching a mom woodpecker feed her kids in a tree. But this year, well actually the last few days I have been frustrated because I have been trying to take pictures of baby quail and hummingbirds and they are just too fast.

I also like to write poetry, but most of all I love watching soccer.
  • Update..
    My work getting some notice!
    Was asked to take some pics for the big boss friday!
    Been sending some to local news station..hope some good comes out!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Let us know what happens William!
    Dont get too famous to visit us Spineys
    Kirsti x
  • My Spiney Family is important to me, wont be leavin anytime soon ")
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• An addendum.
    I finally learned how to lock my mirror open..
    Important for Macro shts and the fact that I shoot low light/no light as a majority of my work,
    Less motion,less shake..less blurry..sharper image!
    A small but important victory!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health