Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello, here is my Story

HurtandScaredHHurtandScared Posts: 2
edited 06/24/2015 - 7:49 PM in New Member Introductions
In !996 i was hit by a ford explorer going 65mph while i was a land Surveyor, after she slammed on her Brakes i was thrown 110 ft Getting a second and third Brain Injury. While i still tried to work for the next 12 years i could never hold a job for more than 6 months, when before i could keep a Job for 3 years. on Oct 2008 i finally understood i was Permanently disabled with Physical and Mental Disabilities, Including Chronic Transient Pain Coming From my Neck and Lower Back, Moving into my Left limbs. I have Fought to be Productive in my own life, some days i am in so much Pain i just want to sleep, on other days i move around ok, but that is really about all i can do. My Biggest thing is that now my pain medication isnt working that well anymore, but i dont want to get my doctor in trouble, and i Hate opiates, other than the relief they give me, I dont want to harm my doctor for trying to help me. He is a kind and good man and really cares for his patients. How can i ask for a greater dose and possibly have the DEA go after a Family man, and a great Doctor.
So it seems that my only alternative is to Take the Meds only When i need them, and not all the time, even when my pain is to great. only take them when i need to function. its frustrating when people pretend to have Pain for the High, and those of us that truly hurt are scared to ask for a higher dose because it could effect our loving Doctors. I have never really liked Drugs, I Hate Being out of control, or what people call HIGH. I just want to live my life without this horrible Dull Hollow, Sharp in some Area's Pain. Its why i am depressed, because i feel less than human. I cant play with my Children, I couldn't throw a Ball with my sons, the only thing i could do with them was Video Games, it makes me feel Incomplete. I was a Very active person before i was hit, but now i am Overweight and cant exercise except for swimming.
Sick of Pain, But Hate Opiates, Hate Being High, Loves Everyone.