Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Introduction C6-7 ADR C7-T1 ACDF

Nodales4NNodales4 Posts: 12
edited 06/24/2015 - 7:51 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Sherry and I am a 47 year old lady who just recently had spine surgery.

A little about me. I feel my problems started for me at age 17 when my family and I were involved in a 27 motor vehicle accident during a snowstorm in Dec 1984. I remember having severe neck pain for at least a week afterwards but because of circumstances never saw a doctor about it.

In my early 30's I finally had my first xray and cervical DDD was diagnosed. In those early years I had several pain blocks, and dealt with the pain using anti-inflammatories, Tylenol, etc. Two years ago I started having significant arm pain after a sitting in a truck on a long road trip. After several xray's a CT and an MRI I was diagnosed with nerve impingement caused by 2 herniated disc's at C6-7 and C7-T1. The muscle weakness I have found has been the most difficult thing for me to deal with as I can't hold things well with my left hand and I get constant muscle spasms.

So I saw a neurosurgeon last October who gave me three options. 1. Do nothing 2. Two level fusion or 3. Two level disc replacement. So I decided that at my age that I wanted to try to keep my mobility in my neck and after much research I decided on the ADR on the two levels.

I was sooo nervous about the procedure which happened on June 11/2015. Upon waking from the anesthetic in the recovery room my NS told me that was able to do the ADR in C6-7 but ended up having to do a ACDF on C7-T1 due to lack of disc space in this area. I was a little disappointed that I ended up with a fusion as I wanted to keep my mobility in my neck but I also know it was the only option.

I am just under 2 weeks post-op and I feel like I am doing great! I have been going on 3-5km walks daily since 7 days post-op, and have recently been doing some baking and light cooking etc. I plan to go back to work in 2 weeks, I think I can manage it as I have a desk job I just can't do any bending or reaching yet.

That's about it I think :)

27 vehicle accident in 1984 at age 17 caused neck injury
C6-7/C7-T1 Disc herniation's diagnosed 2013
Surgery June 11/2015 Artificial Disc Replacement C6-7 & ACDF C7-T1