So I am just under two weeks post op for an ADR of C6-7 and ACDF of C7-T1. I was supposed to have a two level ADR done but when the neurosurgeon got in there he realized I didn't have enough space for the second ADR
I really wanted to keep my cervical mobility but I know he did the best that he could at the time.
So I have a couple of questions, first of all has anyone had both an artificial disc and fusion done at the same time? Secondly I hear a clicking coming from my neck when I walk, it's a bit disconcerting to hear it, but it doesn't hurt, anyone else?
My post op experience - I am a 47 year old fit lady
- Quite significant pain for 3-5 days, only taking tramacet/acetaminophen.
- Eating food for first 24-48 hours not really possible - could not swallow.
- Went on 1km walk on day 4
- Week 2 swallowing much better, some things still "stick" in my throat (like dry bread etc)
- Going on 3-5 km walks daily since day 7
- Pain now mild - just taking acetaminophen daily.
- Last 2-3 days I have been able to do things at waist level - baking/light cooking etc.
-Still wearing soft collar for another 1-2 weeks - can't wait to start driving again.
My anti gravity chair has been wonderful!!
27 vehicle accident in 1984 at age 17 caused neck injury
C6-7/C7-T1 Disc herniation's diagnosed 2013
Surgery June 11/2015 Artificial Disc Replacement C6-7 & ACDF C7-T1