Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How unlucky can you get?

I had a L4-5 TLIF in February 2015 after falling off a ladder.

In April, I wrenched my L5-S1 getting into my wife's car and was re admitted for two weeks; and had to have a caudal epidural to settle it down.

At the beginning of June, I was moving a bag of grass clippings. Instead of lifting it, I thought it safer to drag it backwards. Only thing was that I tripped, fell backwards and hit my sacrum right on the corner of a garden storage box.

I saw the pain team who put me straight back on morphine and listed me for another caudal epidural and nerve block on August 21st.

However, the pain is getting worse and I'm getting pins and needles under my feet when I sit and really bad hip pain when I stand. So I've phoned the pain team and they've brought the epidural forward to July 10th.

What's the betting I have another mishap before then?

L5-S1 herniation. Both knee meniscus tear. L4-5 herniation - 2 x nerve block injections. L4-5 discectomy. L1-2 nerve block injection. L4-5 reherniation - TLIF fusion. 2016: L1-2 and L5-S1 retrolistheses and multiple facet joint degeneration.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    edited 06/26/2015 - 1:55 PM
    SO sorry to hear about that contact with the garden box...yikes!

Very glad to hear you called doctor again to get repair moved up to earlier date!
    And I hope this time, in the interim, goes quickly for you.

Another mishap? don't say it ...don't think it......shhhh..shhhh....just ask for the remote and rest...

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History