Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello. I am new, 44 New to Site

Hello All

I am Kevin, 44/Male and I am wrestling with this diagnosis and prognosis I have recently received. I do not completely understand it, but my wife and I are definitely looking for some answers.

I am a preofessional in the Oi Business, and take a lot of pride in teh way I care for my family. This is a very testosterone based industry and I fit in well. I have been told now by two surgeons that my spine is in need of complete disassembly and reconstruction. I have three seperate curves in my back and they are all working against each other. My thoracic area is completely fused at a very acute angle from the Lumbar to t-9. The curves go all the way in to my cervical area. I was also told that people commonly go blind after the procedure

I have been diagnosed with mild scoliosis when I was a kid, and did have t wear leg braces. Run Forest Run! Type braces! Anyway now I have this.

The doctors are wanting to refer me to either Western Uni, or Duke. If they will take my case. I have been told they will have to cut me down the front and the back and this will take about 24 hours and 8 surgeons.

Has anyone been through this or something like it?? We are completely in the dark here. My local doctor no longer wants to discuss it since he will not be the attending and I have not heard from the other Doctors yet, I understand they have to get approval from the Dean and several department heads to commit to the procedure.

My Insurance will pay, thats not the issue we are just completely in the dark about what to expect.

We are getting the best we can for the PM part of it here in the Permian Basin, but would just like someperspective about whats coming.

Thanks in advance for all of your kindness and understanding.

My wife is Tammy. We live in West Texas and she is taking this pretty well.