Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Vibrating Feet

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anybody had the feeling like a cell phone is on vibrate and then placed on the bottom of your feet/ foot?
advertisement

Comments

• Mine feel like they are loosing feeling- going to sleep alot. But not actually vibrating.

I have had the sensation of cold water (shower like) going down my butt and back of my legs.

Julie
  • thanks...if you hear anybody mention the vibrating let me know. good luck on your surgery
  • I have felt like the muscles in my back are vibrating after I had my lumbar fusion....funny huh? I've woken up to that feeling a couple times. Almost felt like I was lying on a cell-phone.

Christina :)
  • Yep, I understand exactly. I would take the battery out but can not seem to find it.
  • I have been bothered by this sensation for a month. I came to the web to see if I was goingout of my mind or if other have this too! Did you ever find the problem? I think I am goingto have to go have it checked out. It is a very bizzare feeling.

• I've never had it in my feet, but do get that feeling in my thighs. Sometimes just for a few seconds, sometimes longer. I think it is a nerve issue.
  • The extreme buzzing I felt in my feet and legs was probably the most constant issue I had prior to my diskectomy/lamectomy and 2 level fusion 4 1/2 weeks ago. My NS and neurologist said it was peripheral neuropathy (after having NCS and EEG) I was basically told it was permanent and that the surgery would not help. But when I woke up from surgery it was gone. I am so pleased. It used to drive me crazy. I hope you get some relief with yours, I know how maddening it can be. I was prescribed Lyrica for this problem, but I opted not to take it due to side effects. I continued to work up till one week before surgery and couldn't afford to be drowsy or to gain any more weight. Hang in there, I hope there is something that can be done for you.
  • My thighs get the buzzing sensation, but in my feet it feels more like a fizzing sensation. When they aren't fizzing it feels like cold water is being dripped on them. It used to drive me crazy but now I'm kinda used to it I don't really notice it any more.
  • This exact same thing just started happening to me a couple of days ago. It feels like I have my foot on top of a cell phone that is vibrating but my shoe is on so it's very slight. It goes for maybe a second or a second and a half, then stops abruptly. Sometimes I go for hours with nothing, then sometimes it happens for minutes at a time. I have never had back surgery but do have a muscle problem in my upper back and some recent over-exertion has my upper back feeling "injured" like and achy. If you or anyone knows what this is or what caused it (or how I can get rid of it) I would love to know.

Thanks
  • I have at times a buzzing feeling in my thighs depending on how I am sitting. When I move it goes away. My OS thinks that it is nerve related due to all the surgey that I have had. Sometimes I will take Soma and it seems to help.

mark
  • I do get vibrating feet actually foot but sometimes in both and I've had it in the leg also. Lyrica is helping stop vibration tingling and numbness for me. If this is a new symptom for you you need to call your Ortho Dr. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Its so lovely to know that we all are not mad.

I have buzzing in my back. It did disappear after my surgeries but came back a while later. It is horrible. It comes on in a flash and I have no control on it at all.

I can't stand any vibrating near me at all, not even the rhythmical tapping of fingers.

I am awaiting a trial of Lyrica. I didn't get on with Gabapentin, made me feel poorly and being in UK, I need approval for this medication. I hope it helps.

Good luck with your feet!!
  • I call similar sensations my "tinglies" - they go down my buttocks to mid-post thigh and I used to have them on the bottom of my left foot before it went numb...like tiny electrical waves. I'll take tinglies over stabbing pain any day!
  • My L5S1 is herniated out to the left side. I have weird sensations like something running through my arches twitching and pulsing. I can see whatever runs through my arches moving so something in there is twitching. I have it in both feet. I also get metatarsal pain in my right foot if I stand for a while. I get strange tingly numb sensations up the outer shin muscle in my left leg and into my ankles. I also get foot cramps in my arches and in my small toes. I thought it might be tarsal tunnel but nerve conduction tests were negative and vascular ultrasounds were normal. Anybody else have these issues?
  • Is the vibrations on both feet or just the one? When I had a herniated L5-S1 disc I had the same but only one foot. Have you been to Physiotherapy yet? Or taking and nerve pain medications? I found Cymblata really helped me with the sciatica. I noticed in my other post 2 years ago I did take Lyrica but it had so many side effects I was thankful for the Cymbalta.

Right now after 4 years I decided to stop the nerve pain meds because I'm taking another medication just to see how bad it is now and found it's bearable now as much as sciatica could possible be bearable. I will take Cymbalta again if the sciatica gets really bad again though.

Janel You may get more answers to your own post just look in the left hand column and find create content or Forum topic to post. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I just happened to stumble on this site when I was looking for clues to what was causing the vibration sensation in my feet. I am glad that I am not alone, nor going crazy. The cellphone analogy was spot on. I have this sensation in both feet, but stronger in the left. This started about a month ago and is slowly getting worse. My left foot feels like the entire foot is vibrating. The right foot is mainly under the heel.
    As a side note, I tore a couple tendons in my left foot a couple months ago. I have been in a boot and on crutches for about a month. I don't know whether there is a link or not. I do know that being on crutches is hammering my right hip and aggravating a 30 year old back problem (herniated disc). I guess it is probably time to see a doctor about it.
    Garry Ohio
  • sexyxtina1ssexyxtina1 Posts: 1
    edited 09/18/2015 - 10:41 AM
    Yes i noticed my right foot was vibrating the other day when i was laying down, just like a cell phone, vibrates when the ringtone is off and vibrate is on and consistant like a cell phone ringing. And i just woke up and my tight foot is doing it again. What is it??

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
  • Hi I am a newbie. I have had the vibration on the bottom of my feet for about four months now. Shortly after the vibration started I started feeling like my leg from the knee down was on fire. So now I get the feeling of vibration and fire on my feet. The burning starts at the knees on both legs. It has progressively gotten worse. My doctor has been made aware of it. I just wiggle my toes as much as I can and try to ignore this painful sensation as much as possible. I hope you get relief soon. My doctor said neuropothy or something else he kinda mumbled it. He wants to have another look at my back . I hope someone gets a good reasonable diagnosis of the vibrating or buzzing or fizzy feeling feet. The cold ice water feeling turned in to a feeling of pins going in deep to my feet. On w they burn. I don't remember having the ice water sensation in a long time. Sorry if I rambled. Newbie:bri66
  • justin71jjustin71 Posts: 1
    edited 09/15/2015 - 2:33 AM
    What is causing the feeling in my left foot .its like im standing on a bee

No one on the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or diagnosis

Please click on link for helpful information
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -Spine-health Moderator
  • edited 09/18/2015 - 10:39 AM
    I am in recovery from having 4 level spinal stenosis and the vibration in your feet is one of the effects I had before my sirgery . I highly recommend getting checked out by a neurologist to see what's going on because it could be so much more serious than you think! I'm glad I didn't try to ignore my symptoms any longer or I would have lost all mobility of my legs.

Welcome to Spine-Health
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
  • Anonymous said:
    thanks...if you hear anybody mention the vibrating let me know. good luck on your surgery

I have a double fracture on my l5s1 vertebrae. I've had all treatments possible and nothing can take away my pain except perhaps surgery. No one will operate on me, anyway!
    Last two nights I've been experiencing this odd vibrating sensation all over. Every part. If you've sat on an atv or lawmower for a long time (I mean HOURS) and then get off your whole body feel like its still vibrating on the mower. Two nights in a row this odd sensation has happened and I have NO idea what to make of it
    :( wish I could help. It's driving me batty
  • So I'm not the only one with this! I have it in my legs, I notice it most when I'm in bed, it almost feels like someone is shaking the bed. Wonder what it is.
    Renee
    ACDF 9/17/15 C 5/6 C 6/7
    Spinal Stenosis, Myelopathy, Myelolamacia and Central Cord Syndrome
  • Anonymous said:
    Has anybody had the feeling like a cell phone is on vibrate and then placed on the bottom of your feet/ foot?
    Yes I have had that feeling many times and almost every time I think my cell phone is at my feet on vibrate, but it never is. It's a relief to hear I'm not the only one.
    Valentina Ferrari
  • Anyone ever have the feeling that ice water is being dropped on you, or the feeling of being wet on your leg and when you check its completely dry? I've had this since I was 10 years old. Just wondering if anyone else has felt that. :)
    Valentina Ferrari
  • Valentina Ferrari said:
    Anyone ever have the feeling that ice water is being dropped on you, or the feeling of being wet on your leg and when you check its completely dry? I've had this since I was 10 years old. Just wondering if anyone else has felt that. :)
    All the time! I thought i was losing my mind!?!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,233
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Kdp0807 said:
    Valentina Ferrari said:
    Anyone ever have the feeling that ice water is being dropped on you, or the feeling of being wet on your leg and when you check its completely dry? I've had this since I was 10 years old. Just wondering if anyone else has felt that. :)

All the time! I thought i was losing my mind!?!
    Thanks for your comment, I'm not alone! ;)
    Valentina Ferrari
  • I have been experiencing plantar fasciitis for the past 21 years. Usually it comes and leaves within one week. This time I've had it for the last three months and it feels as though it's getting worse. Just this past weekend, I've had this feeling of a cell phone vibrating in the foot with the plantar fasciitis. It's very random and usually comes when my foot is at rest. I guess I'll just have to see a doctor, but I'm afraid I won't be believe. I'm glad someone else here has experienced this.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,233
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• eabergeeaberg Tracy, CaliforniaPosts: 1
    Try NeuroBehavioral Pain Management. I was able to adapt the program to control my internal vibrations in addition to pain. 
advertisement