Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How does one find an experienced, reputable doctor to do disc surgery?

I know there's a directory here, but it has a lot of doctors listed, without any sort of qualitative information about them. Is it frowned upon to ask for referrals here?

If not, I'm looking for a neurosurgeon or a cross-trained orthopedic surgeon in the Chicago area for second opinions and/or to perform surgery to deal with my large herniated disc that is pressing on my spinal cord. I know certain university affiliated hospitals are reputable, but it's hard to tell which specific surgeons have the most experience with certain procedures.

Thanks in advance!

• If you know of anyone that's had a surgery like yous ask them also there are many Web sites that have a lot of info in them. The biggest one is look around if you have good insurance see a few and find ones that will answer questions for you fully to your liking and go with the one you fill most comfortable with. Being comfortable and confident in the dr is the biggest one really
  • SukhreSSukhre San Diego, CAPosts: 181
    There are some websites that keeps feedbacks from patients. Its not easy to figure out if those are real feedbacks or from some someone who works for the doctor. Is there is a way to find a few people/patients from my own area. From example, should I just ask if anyone is from San Diego area and ask their feedback.

Also is there a way to accumulate patients stories in a way we can see how he or she started and whether improvements happened after surgery.
    MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.