Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Old C-2 Fracture causing pain episodes

Aubrey333AAubrey333 Posts: 3
edited 06/30/2015 - 10:32 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
over 25 years ago I broke C2 in two places and spent 5 months in a halo vest. Since then I have acute episodes of severe pain and stiffness. Tired of taking muscle relaxants. Stress or sometimes just sleeping the wrong way will bring it on. Gives me horrible headaches. I was told i most likely have bone spurs. extra bone growth from the fracture healing. I can go from feeling fine to being in so much pain i want to die. What are some alternative treatments for this type of pain?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Please click on Welcome and learn more about SH and how to navigate this site to bet benefit you.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I wish I had an answer. My neck, at least as of the last x-ray in June, shows that everything is messed up from C1 to C7, not to mention an extra pair of ribs. But I wish I knew how to sleep better so that I don't wake up in pain. there are days where I am in so much pain in the morning that I am crying on the way to work. The pain gets better throughout the day but then the next morning we are right back there again. I think if I could find a safe comfortable way to sleep I wouldn't be in so much pain in the morning.