Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hey everyone

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
its been awhile since i have posted i didnt even know that this site existed until last nite, so still trying to figure out how this site works. have had 3 lower lumbar surgeries 95,99.02. i do have problems with scar tissue but have found ways of easing pain, but as u all know there are up and down days :(

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. what are you doing about your pain? what is your current diagnosis? please keep us informed. we are glad you are here! good luck and i hope to see you around! Jenny :)
  • Hi
    I started out with hip pain after doing some heavy work. I graduated from walking with pain to walking and sitting in pain. I started walking with the help of 2 canes and now have been bed ridden for 10 days. Try everyday to get up and only make it to the sitting position for the most a half hour. the pain comes in spasms running from my tail bone down both legs. The right leg and hip worse than the left.

orhtopedic Dr said to rest and I would heal on my own? Is this normal to any of you that have been in the blog community for a while?

Looking for any information!
  • Welcome to spine-health...
  • :) Trucker Taylor, post more about yourself in the Newcomers section or even Chronic pain. have you had an actual diagnosis from an mri or ct scan? what type of doctor are you seeing? are you on any medication? answering some questions like these can give us a better idea of what your situation is. good luck! Jenny :)
  • Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum... When did your scar tissue problems occur? After which surgery? How are you easing your pains? I'm glad you're able to do that.

• Lisa. I too will be interested to know how you cope with the pain from scar tissue?
  • Welcome to you also. I do not have an answer to your question but I have been told that most back injuries heal themselves within 6 months.
  • After my second surgery the scar tissue had developed but after my 3rd surgery was when all hell broke loose, I am so very thankful that i had the doc that i have she even went to a conference dealing on alrernative methods and thats when i gave therapy one last try and do deep tissue massage. well i went to PT and they did deep tissue massage, they did a few other things but cant think of what they are called. since my job quit me i no longer have insurance so what i have been doing is using tennis balls, which hurts but helps loosen scar tissue up, this works for me but might not be good for others i dont have any hard-ware or anything they just did laminectomys. i also will go spend about $45 dollars to get a deep tissue massage to lower back when i absolutely need it. when i was working my doc would give me a shot (not pain) but its like a super dupper motrin shot which also helped.I also became very aware of when my back and knew when it was time to go see the doc. I also found out that my hip gets knocked out of place and that itself caused great pain down my leg so i learned how to put it back into place and once again use tennis balls to help stretch the sciatia. lol and one doc that i seen for my arm laughed and said that using tennis balls is a poor mans massage i was laughing when he said that and said that is so true, i am a poor man now