Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post colonoscopy worse after than before

I had a colonoscopy on June 12th 2015
I was totally sedated IV meds...the anesthesiologist said it was the stuff that killed Michel jackson. Needless to say..I was out and don't remember a thing. They found a large red inflammed polyp which was removed. And internal hemorrhoids. ..and the ever so popular I.B.S.. following docs advice post op
I had mild cramping...constipation and no success having a movement for 6 days. The back pain went from mild cramping sensation to now unbearable constant pain. After 12 days I finally after along while had a movement.. not wanting to give out to much info. .but in length the bm was unbelievable.
I thought maybe I had an obstruction preventing bowel to exit. And now almost a month later still
Constipated. ..and back pain is unbearable.

• Constipation can be REALLY serious. It can even be lethal! I never knew that. I have to live on narcotics & they are notorious for causing constipation. I've found a way of eating, drinking lots of fluids etc that manages the problem but when I had surgery last year & wasn't moving a lot it came back with a vengeance. I talked to my doc & pharmacist & they recommended the best products to help. Are you on meds from your surgery? They could be causing or at least contributing to the problem. I don't want to recommend anything (other than lots of fluids & avoid 'binding' foods...fruit is good!) because I've never had your problems & I don't know if you should avoid certain products.

Constipation makes my back pain much, much worse!

Just know its very common, I'm surprised your doc didn't warn & advise you. It's VERY serious! I was told people die if it goes too long. Many need to be de-compacted at the ER. Ugh! It's a long weekend so I'd talk to your pharmacist ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Doctor. The prep for a colonoscopy cleans you out entirely, and it can take several days for things to get back to normal. I BS can also cause your symptoms, so you should contact your GI doctor for assistance.
    Are you drinking plenty of fluids, eating roughage? Prune juice , stool softeners all can help.