Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovery after back surgery

Hello. So I am a week and a half post surgery. I had my vertebra shaved off my nerve (L4). I think the surgery went well but I'm still experiencing the same pain I had before my surgery. A few days after it seemed like the pain was going away. Now it's back with a vengeance. I'm having severe leg and butt pain on top of the surgical site. I'm also experiencing radiating pain from the surgical site through my hips. Does anyone know how long it takes for the nerve to heal the pain to go away? I want to get off my pain meds and was excited at the prospect of getting off of them. But with my level of pain right now I don't see it possible

• It can take months for nerves to heal back. I would talk to your dr though about the pain getting worse also check and see if the skin is red has a fever in it or is swelling more then it has been because are signs you possibly have a infection. Hopefully it's just your body healing or telling you to slow down but if the pain does keep getting worse see your dr asap