Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please any advise

i had spinal fusion surgery 4/14/2015, original one rod six screw. When he was in their he had to put in two rods and 12 screws. Also did bone graphing. Almost three months, my problems was specifically back bone on bone, two clasped disc. Now I have ver severe nerve pain down left leg. I have always been I see the best in everything, getting better every day . This nerve pain is horrible, working so hard with a physical therapist three times a week walking one mile while I limp along. Now I just got up and the nerve dropped me to mr feet, I am in so much pain. Is this normal?
Sandy Simacek

• I hope someone can answer my question, please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    Sandy Simacek
  • Hi. Have you spoken to your surgeon about this? What does he say? I'm so sorry, you must be so scared. I wish I could help you but I really don't know. It could be the nerves recovering but anything would just be a guess. Have you told your physical therapist? Do you think they could be pushing you too hard? I've had an over zealous one in the past! Ugh! You really need to talk to your surgeon. What meds are you taking, nerve meds? Again, I'm really sorry. You've come a long way. Stay strong.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Betty65BBetty65 FloridaPosts: 83
    I would call the doctor even if it is just to put your mind at ease. Let us know how things go!
  • You're only 3 months out, so hang in there. I'm 12 mo out from L5-S1 ALIF (lots of hardware) & though the recovery was rough, I don't regret it. My burning nerve pain was pretty severe, like yours, in the first several months post-op, & gabapentin helped a lot. Keep up with core strengthening & give yourself a break! All my best to you.
    7/11/14 fusion L5-S1 w/instrumentation posterior/anterior @ Stanford hospital
    age 39