Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

karenckkarenc Posts: 104
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Depression and Coping
Hi Everyone,

I have had a day from way down below! lol First my RA is flaring big cause of a storm front coming thru, then my oldest daughter has another one of her seizures, then on top of all that my husband has a chron's attack!! And this is all in one day's time!! I am at my wits end! I just want to pull my hair out and scream! I would if I thought that it would really make a difference. I just need a break, I need someone to talk to, and I need for my pain meds to kick in before i go off! lol

Thanks for listening and letting me vent!

• :) WOW! that is enough to make me pull my hair out and i don't even know you! seriously, you have to ride the weather out. i am sure you have taken the best care you can of your husband and daughter, so just take a deep breathe and lay down for a minute. better yet, how about a hot bath with some candles and then fall into bed? your meds should have taken effect and i bet you are actually getting tired. put on your most comfortable pj's and see if you can't sleep. will you be up with your daughter? nothing wrong with curling up beside her. i hope nothing more rears it's ugly head! take good care! Jenny
  • Thanks Luluheart,

Actually all that sounds super good but I had to come to work today! I am so tired too. Maybe once I get home all those things you said will be able to come true. A nap would be great! I stayed up almost all night watching over my daughter and yes we were cuddled up. My meds aren't doing much of anything for me today. I guess because I am here at work, not being able to rest also, so maybe that will change too once I get home. I would love to quit work and stay at home but I am afraid that I will be denied SSDI and then what would we do? Any Suggestions? Does anyone know if its easier to get SSDI if your dr will write a statement for you and/or stand up for you if needed? Thanks to everyone and have a good day!

• :) hi! i am on SSDI and the more doctor support you get the better your case. they require information from letters, to test results, to verbal exams. this is one time where the more information you have on your side the better your case and the better your chances! are you keeping track of all your dr's apts? all your meds and changes in them? bad days and really bad days?there is alot you can do to prepare. good luck and i wish you the best! Jenny :)
  • can i ask you how did you go about getting your ssdi? with me still working i want to try for it but i am afraid to quit working in fear that i will get turned down and/or have to wait for years to get it. i have been pretty good at keeping up with all the meds that i have been on and the dr's i have seen but i havent really tracked my bad days or days that i would rather just die! :) lol but there are more of those than i care to know about too! lol i just need some help cause i just dont know how much more of this i can take. thanks for everything!

• :) iin some ways you are in a catch 22. if you are able to work while waiting for your SSDI then they have more of an attitude that you don't need it and can even be retrained. if you find you cannot work at all then they look at your case more favorably. i don't know how you will support yourself but the money is retroactive, so the day you apply is the day your benefits are started if you qualify. i went down to the SS office and started on the paperwork but from what i understand now you can do it on the computor. you have to take your time and be very precise. good for you on having kept records of visits and tests. they will ask for all of your evidence and then still send you to one or more of their doctors. so the process is long but once you get it you get it. i have been on a total of 13 years and that includes medi-cal insurance. you have to apply separately for food stamps. good luck and let me know if i can help you in any way. Jenny :)
  • Thank you sooo much! I am going to try and get myself financially straightened out as best as possible in order to try and quit working so that i can try for my ssdi. i think i will have a better shot at it that way just like you said. I just might take you up on that offer later if i need some help along the way! Oh I see you have bulging disks and DDD with arthritis. I have a bulging disk that is also dehydrating a little on L5/S1 and it has a hemangioma on it and also I have something on T4 along with another hemangioma there also. Plus I have been diagnosed with RA, DDD, DJD and arthralgias, really bad allergies too. I am also in the beginning stages of therapy and from what the therapist has said she thinks I have anxiety and depression issues. I also have other symptoms that the dr's have never been able to diagnose for sure but have been tested many times for MS but never have had a pos diagnosis but have 90-95% of the symptoms (so far the only one lacking is actual places on my brain or spine). Any suggestions or ideas if any of this will help me with SSDI?

Thanks again!