Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

After C4-6 fusion, issues with neck position and sleep

bjuraszbbjurasz Posts: 3
edited 07/07/2015 - 7:35 AM in Sleep Problems
Was wondering if anyone else is like this. I had C4-6 fused about 4.5 years ago. I am a side sleeper. This means I have a hard time keeping an aligned neck during sleep. I have found a good pillow at The Back Store that works well BUT I still need to be very careful. Basically, make sure my face is dead straight forward and chin not tucked down. Eight hours of sleep with bad alignment and my hands go noticeably numb. Things are worse when I travel (without that pillow) or when I sleep in a recliner (usually due to a cold, and in the recliner I tend to have a hard time keeping the head straight).

Is this normal to be this sensitive to sleeping position after this type of surgery? Any suggestions? Should I learn to sleep on my back? (I can force myself to do this if necessary, after surgery was in neck brace for a month and HAD to sleep on my back).

Details about me and my surgery are here:

Bill Jurasz
Cedar Park, TX
C4-5-6 fusion