Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hope nothing bad happened???

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Most of you know I had 2 level spinal fusion March 7th. Things have been going well I think with good fusion starting to take place. This past saturday I was outside as usual tossing frisbee 30 foot or so for my dog, getting excersize & what not. Out of nowhere comes a pitbull at full speed in our yard & attacks my dog. I reacted by getting behind pitbull as it had a collar & proceded to pull dog off of & away from our border collie. I ALWAYS have brace nice & snug when up and active. I got him separated away from ours & my wife got our dog inside. I was holding the dog by collar & he snapped at me. I let him go & called police. My back was hurting more than in last month or 2. I told officer story, 3 cars were looking for the pitbull. They were going to put it down I guess our town destroys aggressive pitbulls after an attack after a child was mauled not long ago. Anyway the dog escaped & I have a sore back still. Amazingly my dog did not have the skin broken. He is fine. I am waiting to see if it will start to go away some b4 I call surgeons office. I would think something major I would be in tremendous pain? Therapist thought it may go away but keep an I on it. im only getting PT for hamstrings basically. I hope I dont have a big setback.

• How horrible and scary that must have been. Pitbulls are heavy dogs, yours so lucky you got away unmarked. I hope they find that dog before it attacks again.
    Maybe yu just pulled a muscle in your back. Sending best wishes to you and hopes that youre still on the recovery path with no setbacks.

Christina :)
  • That wis some scary story, Scew,

I sure hope that you are just getting a warning that you are still in recovery and need to watch out for yourself. But if your discomfort presist, don't hesitate and call your doc. meanwhile, maybe you should take it easy for a few days.

Hope everything will turn out to be just fine,

Kin :) :) ;) ;)
  • how awful sweetie , I am so sorry. You really should call your doctor just to be on the safe side. Maybe rest up a little and don't go over doing it for a few days. Please keep me posted as to how you are.....Miki :)
  • My dog once got attacked by a boxer and I don't know what I would have done if my brother hadn't been with me at the time. I'm pleased that your dog is ok though, but sorry that you are sore again :(

Give it a few days and see if things settle. You probably used more muscles pulling that dog off that you realised but the adrenalin would have masked everything. Try to rest up, gentle stretches, and see how things go. If you're still not feeling good after that then definitely go and get checked out.

Hope things settle down soon, and that your dog has recovered from the trauma (I know mine never did - he still hides behind my legs when another dog runs towards him!) Spicey
  • I hope everything is ok that must of been scarey!! I WAS 3 weeks out and my dog started to have a seizure (she is diabetic) and not thinking I swooped down and picked her up and she weighs way more then 10 lbs, I was really worried I did some major damage because I hurt bad for over a week, but everything was ok, and I hope all will be ok for you!

• Yeah I started to feel it about 20 min later. Adrenaline took over I didnt feel nothing. Just noticing a burning sensation across hip bone area at waist both sides & some surgery area discomfort when bending or putting a little stress on it. If I had a gun I would have shot it. I love animals but not aggressive animals that will hurt humans too. Ill wait till Monday & see how it goes. Ill let ya all know