Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain,hip pain,and groin pain

I had a L4/L5 microdiscectomy at the end of last year and was told not to do any bending, twisting or lifting for 3 months. I went back to work on light duty after 5 weeks and was feeling great, except having the feeling that my back,hips and legs needed to be stretch. I was dying to do some serious stretching. At the 3 month time frame my surgeon freed me to resume my normal life with no physical therapy seeing I was feeling so good.

I drive a snowplow in the winter and we had a Blizzard here in Chicago in the beginning of Feb. and was in a truck for 30 something hours in a row. A couple of days later I started having pain in my lower right back, some hip pain and pain in my groin when going from a sitting position to a standing position, the groin pain would only last for a few steps and subside.

My family doctor sent me to physical therapy and was giving some stretches and exercises to loosen my up. They thought it was psoas muscle. After a couple of months with very little progress I went back to my family doctor and he sent me for a MRI of my back to make sure everything was ok. THe results were some scar tissue and arthritis and to keep doing the exercises .

Ac couple weeks later the groin pain has lessen quite a bit, but still have the pain in the lower right back after being on my feet for 5 or ten minutes. I have hip pain when walking, more like waddle than walking. When sleeping I feel alright when on my back, though my wife beats me for snoring. Sleeping on my sides with apillow sometimes gives me relief sometime it doesn't. Turning in bed is painful in the hips and groin.

My question is does this sound like a S-I joint problem or something else? Has anyone had something similar and what was their outcome?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention I have no pain when sitting,