Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post op ADR M6 C5-6

Where do I begin? I herniated my C5-6 3 years ago and ended up with horrible radiculopathy down my left arm that never went away after PT, injections, massage, which led me to finally take the leap to surgery. I am now 8 days post op and am so thankful that this forum is here.

The first few days were pretty brutal with the intense pain in the back of my neck where the nerve was pinched, down my shoulder and arm. I guess I assumed after the surgery that I would be "pain free" immediately. You know, you read stories of how people go back to work in a week and felt amazing! lol. My head is heavy and sometimes feels as if it falls asleep. My nerve pain is pretty bad right now, especially on the top of my shoulder which is odd. Pre surgery it used to be awful by my scapula and arm. Im afraid to move my head in fear of moving the disc or hurting myself. Sleeping is interesting. Ive been living on my couch with pillows literally everywhere trying to get comfortable. I've been reading everyone's stories and its the only thing keeping me sane through all of this!

Today I over did it. I vacuumed my rug. This small talk through my neck into nerve hell and I've been paying dearly for it all evening. Thank god for Hydrocodone! Has anyone else had worse nerve pain post op?

Thanks for listening to my hormonal 8th day post op vent!!

Stacy
advertisement