Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How Do You Go Out To Eat Or Socialize?!

I would love to go out to dinner with my hubby for his birthday. I have had lumbar fusion of L2,3,4,5, and S1 1 month ago so I am not supposed to be sitting more than 30 minutes. Is it possible? What do you all do when you want to go out? Please help!!
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    but 1 month out from your surgery is still too soon to be sitting for periods of time.

You would just be asking for trouble. You probably could do it, but you would pay the price for it later.

Why not have a special dinner brought into this house for your husband's birthday (assuming that you cooking at this point is also not too feasible). Besides take outs, there are many services available that will go to the restaurant of your choice, pick up the meal and deliver it. Perhaps with a bottle of champagne.

Or if that all wont work, a nice letter with a rain check inside. I am sure he will understand considering the circumstances.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks for being so kind as to reply! I am feeling the walls close in and I would love to go out, but I know you are right. People just don't understand why you can't just go and sit somewhere.
  • You're probably better off staying in, as you can roam freely. If you can, have someone pick up a to go order from his favorite restaurant. If you feel up to it, maybe go for a walk in the park/beach (depending where you live) to get some air and get out of the house. Good luck!
  • BManBBMan Posts: 113
    edited 08/07/2015 - 10:12 AM
    I don't know the answer to this one, but you are awesome for wracking your brain about this after such a major surgery. I imagine you're looking at ways to "lift him up" (metaphorically speaking) after he has helped you so much with recovery. Some debts can't be repaid, though. That's what love is about. Whatever you do is pretty spectacular. In fact, I'd even share this post with him at some point and its interesting replies.
  • I can relate. I hate going out anywhere that has uncomfortable seats, which makes team activities very frustrating. I just go and suffer. When I go on my own I always, if available, sit on the benches and not table chairs. Most restaurants don't like to do that because 4 or more can sit there instead of one, but then I remind them of ADA accommodations, and that works.
    Andrea
  • Hard wooden seets hold a special aversion to me.
    Because of my lower back issues
    I get numb on my bottom.then legs fidget
    Then i get pain in my nethers
    That is usually my signal to get up rather abruptly after a few min,
    So i rather get take out with a buddy and go to the river ro watch the water,or just listen to the breeze
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement