Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Teresa in TexasTTeresa in Texas Posts: 14
edited 07/11/2015 - 1:01 AM in Chronic Pain
I am new here so here we go. I had cervical spinal fusion 7/13. I am currently trying not to have lumbar surgery for the multiple herniations, bone spurs, and scoliosis. I am currently without a PM since I miss read the directions on my new pain patches 2 months ago. After being in ICU unconscious for 4 days and another 3 days recovering, I mistakenly thought my dr would understand and work with me. I've since gotten new glasses so I can see and read now. She stated u put her license in jeopardy and summarily dismissed me. My mistake! My life hung in the balance! But she says she can't have patients dying on her. So much for being able to be honest! No PM dr will take me that's on my insurance. Trying to go through insurance to see out of network dr that will see me. I'm on the phone with insurance every morning for at least an hour. They always say someone will call me back regarding my "critical " case they labeled it. No one ever calls. I always end the calls bawling because of the pain and stress and feeling hopeless and alone. I posted my feelings last night on my Facebook. I told about my struggles, my depression, everything! I asked for kind words, prayers, hope.....! Not a single reply! Not even a "like"! I even said how I mirror the thoughts and feelings of a letter I read only to discover it was by a suicide victim. No one noticed. No one cared enough to extend themselves a bit to help their fellow man who begged for it! I'm about ready to give up.... I simply cannot handle the pain anymore. No one understands. No one knows how it feels to have your hips lock up on you. To have sharp,stabbing pain trail down your back to your leg to your foot only to end in it feeling as if you are standing on fire the burning is so bad! Between the neck,low back, hips, fibromyalgia, major depressive disorder. ..... I feel alone and hollow and cry in bed all the time! I can't afford PT as it goes towards my deductible. Working for only $9/hour makes it hard. I'm so tired of hearing all the usual remarks. It's all in your head. You must want attention. Please help! I'm lost and spiraling down fast......

Nobody on the forum is medically qualified or permitted to give advice any responses will be based on members personal experiences only

Suicide Help Resources

Suicide Hotline Numbers
USA: 1-800-784-2433
UK : 08457 90 90 90
ROI: 1850 60 90 90

Suicide Hotline Numbers for Canada (URL Link)

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 07/12/2015 - 12:13 AM
    Please take the time to read this post and refer to it when you have questions

I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing.
    Here are just some of the highlights that are available as tabs on the main Spine-Health menu bar

Spine-Health Main Menu Tabs

Conditions Detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal condition.
    Treatment List of treatments to the conditions identified by Spine-Health.
    Wellness Section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.
    Medical Articles
    Pain Forums These are the forums you will be using
    Find A Doctor This provides with a method to search for doctors in various locations.
    Videos Index to all Spine-Health Videos

As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family[/u] who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 27,00 international members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts[u] do not violate any of the rules.[/u]

- All new members must read our FAQ in order to understand the layout of the forums, how to navigate through the forums, helpful terms, how to make effective threads and posts, plus a link index to many of the important medical forums and key medical articles on Spine-Health Forum FAQ

I am positive any member, new or old will find this Chroinc Pain - Step by Step thread very valuable.

Here are some links that all new members need to review to create effective threads and more

Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

You can also find Spine-Health on these Social Networks

Facebook www.facebook.com/spinehealth
    Pinterest http://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/
    Twitter https://twitter.com/SpineHealth

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message facility to[u] contact any one of the Spine-Health Moderators

Doug Hell

Also working with us very closely is Allison Walsh from the Spine-Health company

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,855
    but once you make an error, a mistake regarding any of your pain medications, your pain management doctor or other doctor may react quite harshly to that.

With some that have pain contracts, it spells it out , black and white, so there is no questions about it. A mistake is made and you risk being dismissed from that practice. Even without pain contracts, the doctors have the right to dismiss patients if they feel there is a potential problem.

Problem is, that once that happens, it can snowball. The medical network extends across doctors, pharmacists, states, etc. Not all are on this network, but for those that are, a blackball mark will raised a red flag to all connected.

Now, mistakes are made, no one is perfect. It boils down to how the patient communicates this with their doctor and to what level of understanding and compassion the doctor has. The way narcotics is being handled in this country today, you can almost bank on the fact that the doctor is going to be real real cautious.

I really dont know how you should proceed. Like I said to start, you aren't going to like my response here. Doctors on your insurance network will more than likely know and even those out of network may.

If I was in your shoes, I would talk this over with your doctor who dismissed you. If you explained all the surrounding facts around your misreading of the medication, maybe they will understand. Plus, if they understand and believe your need for pain medications, then they might also have more understanding.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Hopefully you are continuing to work with your psychiatrist re your antidepressants or whatever other meds or therapy you may need. And that you have shared your thoughts..and actions...with your psychiatrist...the thoughts of mirroring the suicide victim to be included.

I struggle with clinical depression and years ago when I seemed to be suffering most, I would call the hot line number.
    I would call day or night and more than one time. There is someone you can talk with it was helpful for me, for the time, to hear different perspectives to help me change mine and have more positive self talk going on.

I still continue with antidepressants and anti anxiety medications. But I am now thinking very much better, even when going through the out of control pain that can still happen.

I do not know if this is helpful, but I, as Ron mentioned above, I'd try to talk with the PM doctor again...explain how you have and continue to resolve the issues that caused your misuse of the medications.

Maybe PM doctor could prescribe you meds a week at a time, instead of a month. Weekly urine tests, instead of monthly, for a time.
    It may be inconvenient, but might get you in the door to help your pain and follow what ever new instructions for PM to trust again. Seems your ICU incident happened couple months ago, which is not very long ago, so it may take time.

I'd continue to work with psychiatrist who in time may be able to vouch for your improved state of mind and compliance with meds.
    I don't know! Just a thought.

For myself, I'm very glad I hung in there! My future is much brighter than I could ever think possible! And I'm glad I did not succumb to the dark days of yesteryear.

Please hang in there! And please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who understand what you are going through. But that doesn't mean we know what to say. If a person is dealing with someone in crisis, most people want to help but are also scared of saying something that will make the situation worse.
    Dealing with chronic pain can cause depression. Not being able to take the needed medication makes it worse and makes one feel hopeless or at least very frustrated. Unfortunately those that do seek drugs make it difficult for those of us who need the drugs. Doctor's don't want to lose their license. But the important thing is that you need to find something to motivate yourself to keep fighting. You have the suicide hotline number, use it. Maybe call them before you call the insurance company and/or doctor's office, maybe they can help you prepare for the frustration. Good luck
  • First off thank you all for your comments. It's nice to know i'm not alone in this journey. I do understand that no one here is a dr to diagnose me. Please understand that i'm alone, in A LOT of pain, and poor. Today I went to my PCP for right hip pain since I couldn't bend my leg very well or without pain. He at least ordered a MRI to figure out the cause. I have nobody who understands what i'm going through so please be my "sounding board".
  • Hi Teresa. I live in Texas too! I moved from England. I know how isolating chronic pain can be. Having little kids I joined all of the Mums groups & made lots of new friends but slowly over the years they've all drifted away. A lot of it is not being able to do all the things that friends want to be out & about doing. Some of it was my fault upon reflection. I know I had to cancel a lot because of my pain but I used to try to carry on as if nothing was wrong...the whole English 'stiff upper lip'. I never tried to really explain what I was going through. I'm still terrible at asking for help when I REALLY need it. I know exactly how you feel when you say, "No-one knows what it's like!" & "No-one understands". It truly feels like that sometimes.
    Becoming a member here has made a tremendous difference for me. I've made some great, true friends. There are so many people here who know just how it feels & go through the same things every day.
    I saw a chronic pain Psycologist in the past & I was pleasantly surprised. It was very different from regular therapy. She concentrated on finding simple coping mechanisms to help me do those practicle things that I find so hard...like driving my son from school. It was also great to have someone I could vent to who really understood. Chronic pain & depression/anxiety often go hand-in-hand. There are the obvious reasons, we're in PAIN all the time! But also it's been shown that living with chronic pain changes our brains causing these feelings. Sometimes we need some help. Have you ever tried the meds that treat depression & pain? A lot of people have great results from things like Cymbalta.

Thank goodness you're getting that MRI. (is it covering your spine & hip?) In my experience there's so much more they can do to help manage your pain once ou know exactly what you're dealing with. I truly hope they have some answers for you. Living like this can be brutal. I'm always doing better when I have a plan of action & I can look to the future with some optimism.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,376
    edited 07/14/2015 - 10:12 PM
    Some folks nature/nurture lenses the perception of pain.
    I am a stoic..i had that type of example from an early age that i emulate.
    Some,friends raised in a different environment suffer terribly because the psycological pain is worse.

Outside of your circle
    Tend to carry the same traits
    For some,someone in pain is overwhelming and they cant,dont,wont want to handle the emotional aspect and leave you in the cold.
    Some,have a capacity for empathy and will try and help carry your load with you
    And others empathetic and sympathetic will stand by you.

You have a world wide family now,Spine Health has helped me,carry many burdens
    You will find other spineys like yourself,who fully understand and can walk in your shoes.

Pain,is a cry for help
    Its your body saying something has gone wrong
    With enough time and pain,you will call out.
    And its ok.
    Keep fighting for your health
    Remember your humanity
    Only you can belittle yourself
    You have a right to be treated as any other person and if one doc wont answer the door,find one,who will.
    The essential, beautiful you is still there
    All the wonder that you,are may be covered right now..but wont always.

You have worth
    You have value
    You have the right to dignity and honor.

These storms,will pass
    They,always do
    These days will fade into the past

Above all
    Dont give up
    Never give in

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• English Girl...... thanks for your kind words and understanding. Regarding the Cymbalta, i've tried it in the past and my Major Depressive Disorder spiraled down hard! They had to put me back on my Effexor XR to treat that along with Wellbutrin. That psychological and emotional trauma is a whole other monkey on my back. I'm down here in H-Town! Where about in Texas do u live?
  • Teresa in TexasTTeresa in Texas Posts: 14
    edited 07/19/2015 - 8:51 PM
    Thank you for your beautiful words of wisdom. As I do suffer from this physical pain, I also suffer from psychological and emotional pain as well. I am not an easy case for anyone to understand. It was a family joke from the time I was little that God took everything wrong with everyone in my family and created me. Physically, I do still have many ailments I can genetically blame on someone in my family, but the other pain came from the cruelty that is life. Your words made me cry. It's good to cry for another reason besides being in pain! Thank you. I'm learning that I am not alone despite everyone surrounding me being ignorant.
  • I describe myself as "The Genetic perfect storm!". It really feels like that! I considered myself a very strong independent lady but I'll be the first to admit this chronic pain has kicked my bum!! As you say, the physical pain is just part of it. Life hits so hard sometimes. I know I find it incredibly hard to handle the normal stresses & issues that others just deal with. Sometimes it feels like all I can really handle is 'normal' & routine. Throw marital problems or family health dramas into the mix & it's so hard not to fall apart. Can you tell I'm having a REALLY bad day? Hahaha! Why can I be fine one day, just me & my pain & then wake the next morning crying before I'm even conscious?
    I'd reached the point of acceptance. Truly felt like I'd come to terms with this & was doing well. Of course I had my pity party moments that I tried to keep inside. You know that nasty little voice that lives inside? "You're just a burden now. Things will only get worse". "Today will always be better than tomorrow". "I'm holding back the people I love...I'm ruining their lives!". I worked so hard to deny those words only to be told by my husband that it's ALL TRUE!! I confess I'd taken my husband for granted. We've been together all of my life. I truly believed that nothing could come between us. Chronic pain is the most powerful adversary I could ever imagine. It feels like its stealing everything from me. I have no control over my life.
    I lived in denial for a long time, believing that I could push through anything. I think that's so much easier when you have emotional security & support in life. I know it's entirely possible to live a happy, positive life with 24/7 pain. I've been there! But take away my foundation, my fantasy life where love is stronger than anything you can throw at it & I'm lost. It's really hard to say out loud, I'm mentally vain, my brain has always been my strongest asset now it's failing me in so many ways. "No man is a island".
    There have been discussions here about why some deal with all of this so much better than others. Some drown in depression some just get on with life maintaining a positive outlook. I've seen chronic pain from both sides & I strongly believe that security & support makes all the difference. (As does effective pain management). Some of us are just more fortunate than others. I was never prone to depression or negavity in the past before my pain became so all encompassing. I mourned my past & moved on with my future. The problem is we don't live in a vacuum. Life still happens & sometimes life sucks & people can be very disappointing. So much is beyond our control.
    Isolation is crippling. We're social animals. It's important to search for support if it's not part of our everyday lives. These forums can be life savers!! Just knowing that there are others dealing with this life everyday who still find the energy & compassion to reach out & help others restores my faith in man kind!

Teresa. I took Cymbalta for years. It never helped with my pain but I remember it improved my mood to start so I stuck with it. It just bacame something I took everyday. When I wanted to cut-down on my meds it was an obvious one to drop but several docs refused to take me off of it, saying it was too hard & "stopping can fry your brain!". In the end my doc slowly titrated me off & it was easy-peesy! It's a med that worries me. It's sneaky! I didnt realize how much it dulled me. When it was finally out of my system I felt like someone had turned the lights on & I hadn't noticed I was sat in the dark. These meds are powerful & definitely not for everyone. Anti-depressants correct brain imbalances don't they? What if depression is just situational? Can playing with brain chemistry do more harm than good? I don't know!

I started taking Zoloft because I read on fibromyalgia sites that it helped a lot of people with fatigue & other symptoms. A doc switched it to Pristiqu (supposed to be better for pain but that doc liked newer meds) but that was just a very expensive same thing to me so I'm back on Zoloft. I'm positive it helps. I feel weaker & exhausted without it. There can be so much trial & error with meds.

Sorry, I realize this is more of a vent about me than a help for you. I just wanted you to know that many of us, no matter how strong we present ourselves, still have those times. Sitting through the night, awake with pain the little demons sense our weakness & creap in...it's so hard to exorcise those ghosts!!

I live up above Dallas. My kids are desperate to visit Sea World this summer. If I can drag myself down there we can wheelchair race around & park in shamoos splash zone if you like...or maybe a drink in the hotel? It would be fun to meet a spiney face to face. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Teresa in Texas said:
    Thank you for your beautiful words of wisdom. As I do suffer from this physical pain, I also suffer from psychological and emotional pain as well. I am not an easy case for anyone to understand. It was a family joke from the time I was little that God took everything wrong with everyone in my family and created me. Physically, I do still have many ailments I can genetically blame on someone in my family, but the other pain came from the cruelty that is life. Your words made me cry. It's good to cry for another reason besides being in pain! Thank you. I'm learning that I am not alone despite everyone surrounding me being ignorant.
    The pain..s are all tied and interelated.
    The "Beast" will attack you from all sides,,and ones you didnt know.
    Anyone in physical pain will experience some,form of worry,anxiety and get down.
    Now,figure acute pain into the picture,all sorts of. Darkness starts knocking at every door and window of your house and you begin to wonder how strong it is..understand?
    Then comes the long grind of chronic pain..and by now,your house is ravaged and open to thw weather..any and all rain,wind and cold invade..

Its a process,depression can build to greater and greater levels.
    And so,we sink.
    Acceptance is also a process,
    On week,one day ar a time.

There us nothing rwrong with the essential wonderful beautiful you.
    Every thing "wrong" is what makes you...you.
    Let anyone tell you there is sometning defective,something broken..something....wrong..with you.

Only you
    Can break..you.

We are never finished pieces
    We are forever a work in orogress,,always moving somewhere,even though it may not seem as such.

This place your at now?
    Is,not the place your going to ens up at.

Change.IS good.
    It means that all the bad does go away..making room for the good.
    But you have to be on the lookout faithfully,you have to want it.

Pain is inevitable
    Suffering is optional.

How you perceive pain,may deternin your outlook on pain.

Look,at what it is...
    Its quality
    Its quantity
    It isba sensation
    Your mind,your spirit and your attitude determine how,much it will affect you.

Today..right now
    Decide what You want.
    Not anyones,perception or predisposition tells you to be..
    Take YOUR life back.
    One tiny step at a time.one breath,one heartbeat at a,time...
    It wont be easy
    But you can do it..

You have the entire Spiney Family to talk to now
    Were waiting with open arms...

One thing at a time and easy does it!
    From Corpus...
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• From the time I can remember (about age 5), I became a sexual object. First to my big brother and his friends until age 9. By age 10 we had moved to TX from Illinois. I had such high hopes! But they proved to be dreams and nothing more. My brother and I began spending weekends with our uncle. He was re-married and she had siblings our age who would also spend the weekend. They would make us fruity drinks and we would dress up like we were grown. I later came to know those fruity drinks as Pina cold as and they did not skimp on the alcohol. My uncle had a fancy camera and would take our pictures being silly. Then his wife got us to wear some of her clothes (I now know them as lingerie ). All kinds of pictures were taken, but he never had them developed. He always told me stuff like "my camera was stolen ". I was 10-11. I just believed him. We're supposed to believe and trust our elders. At least that's what I was taught. I told my mom once about the silly pictures I thought I was going to show her. We never stayed there again. .... Age 12... new home,new town,new dreams! I was fully sexually matured by now. I had a best friend who lived 3 doors down. My brother became her boyfriend. Her 22 year old brother decided to have fun with us and play bartender. Needless to say, we all passed out. I in the living room watching Mtv. I awoke to something heavy on my chest. I couldn't breathe good. I found her brother on top of me and was unable to move or call for help. My brother sleep walked into the living room and I was able to get away and lock myself in the bathroom. I don't know how long I stayed in there. Alone,confused, scared lying in a ball with only my blood and tears to comfort me. A couple of months later I got the courage up to tell my mom. She very simply said that it was over and to move on..... how? I haven't even had sex ed yet! Alone, confused, and scared. Back in my cocoon I went. To try and forget everything, I turned to alcohol. I was an alcoholic by age 13. When it stopped working, then I added drugs. Nothing ever really worked. I finally got help after I became pregnant at age 18. It was so hard giving up my vices! My kids filled my life until the day that "empty nest" got me. Alone again. Husband's a major alcoholic. Nobody there. I slowly fell back into my old habits. I ended up addicted to crack cocaine. I was a prescription drug dealer to support my own addiction. 2009...... I had finally had enough! I spent a month in rehab. That's when all of these memories came rushing back. I nearly didn't make it out of that reality. Thanks to therapy and meds I made it! Present day...... husband's still an alcoholic. I'm clean and sober. I didn't really have a childhood so I'm enjoying each moment I can with my granddaughter. Now I'm dealing with all of this! It's like I can never win! I can't get ahead! I'm poor and alone. ...... my mom's dead. My dad is losing his mind and all memories. As much as I try to keep a positive attitude, I currently can not. This debilitating pain is slowly killing me. There is no life vest. Unless I get PM soon, my blood pressure may get me......
  • It would be awesome! Sea world is only 2 hours from here. Provided that time and money are here, I would love to meet you! Thanks for all of your encouraging words and experiences.
  • But you survived all that
    You will survive this.
    The skills,are there inside to face the physical pain.
    The emotional pain from chronic pain can be too big if youlet it take precident.

You have the strength
    You have the courage to move forward
    One step,one day at a time and you will figu 're out the size and scope of what the chronic pain is
    The 5 w helps
    What hurts
    Why it hurts
    Science it out
    There is nothing that cant be overcome by the will

Walk strait and tall as you can,
    There is nothing in your way but whats in the mirror to stop you.

Your honesty about what has happened is wonderful
    Apply that same frank outlook into te toll that pain is doing ro you.
    It can be more or less than what it actually is.
    You will make this
    You will find the way through
    There is light at the end of this one tunnel...
    Keep your head up,
    There is no shame in hurting
    In being in pain
    Dont be afraid to ask of the forum,what you dont know,may be scarier than what it could be.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I'm very sorry for all you have been through.
    But I want to congratulate you on your sobriety! That's huge!

You say you're trying to have a positive outlook, but we can't always "pull ourselves up by the bootstraps".
    You had a childhood of pain, fear, anxiety growing up without being protected.
    To put in the time to heal from it all, it's good to have professional help. I think it speeds up the process.
    If you completed therapy, there is nothing wrong with going in for a "check up" in that area also.
    Not necessarily a forever thing, but for when life and dealing with pain gets complicated.

Also, with your physical pain.
    I agree with Ranchhand said above, you have the skills. It may be difficult when you feel so alone, but hang in there.

Sometimes, giving into the pain, in a way. Ex...of when pain is too much, don't push yourself.
    Let yourself rest, not to aggravate the pain. It's a fine balance we go through...living within our limits.

Not sure if your familiar with the post__ the blend__on this site. It has ideas of how to cope with the pain, dealing in ways other than meds. You may find that helpful, or reading something may trigger another idea of something that would benefit you or be a pleasant distraction!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I was kinda scared to put it all out there,but I felt I should. People need to understand the background of what occurred to foster major depression in our lives. It never goes away, but I do have good days. The combination of being without my meds after so many years with this depression and anxiety I've lived with my whole life gets very overwhelming. My psychiatrist is trying to find a med balance since I'm out of balance and moody and anxious right now. I told my PCP that I now fear being honest with my own doctor! My co-worker's are used to seeing me crying at my desk...... It's sad and I hate it! Then I have my alcoholic husband who just last night told me it's all in my head. I have no support system. The pain,depression, anxiety, and loneliness can be beyond overwhelming. Thank you for listening. Thank you for your kindness not rejection. Thank you for simply understanding. .....
  • Savage - could you please direct me to "the blend" you mentioned? I'm willing to try anything that I can afford to do!
    edited 07/21/2015 - 1:34 AM
    Ranch hand - I love how you put things! The way you put it made me cry (like I don't enough already! ) . I have seen vague glimpses of this light you speak of. However, once was an out of body experience! Another life story though for another day. ...... It seems each time I begin to see the light that means my life will get a little easier. .... The door always gets slammed shut just before I get there. As I said, I want to be able to smile and laugh like I once did! I don't want to feel like this, but I wasn't asked, I was just given. My psychiatrist does want me back in therapy, but sadly I simply can not afford it. I would have to leave my job AND pay $100 per week for a minimum of 4 weeks! So I just don't know what to do. ..... My health insurance called my PCP'S office and sent them a full listing of PM doctors. It's now in their hands to get me an appointment. God help me,but my blood pressure is rising too fast to wait too long....
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,855
    for the blend:
    The Blend

But you should visit our FAQ ... That information is there plus many other hints, tips, suggestions and help
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 07/21/2015 - 6:33 AM
    How old is your granddaughter? Little ones can make all the difference. I love seeing the world through their innocent eyes. Sometimes life completely & utterly sucks. I'm fortunate, I'm prone to escaping into my own little happy fantacy world but everything hits me hard at times. You are such a strong lady to raise above all that.
    What are the docs doing about your blood pressure? Mine goes crazy when my pain spikes or isn't managed. Have they looked into it? Are you monitoring so you have records of what makes your BP & pain better/worse?
    I do 'The Blend'. It's well worth looking into. I've been suffering from chronic pain for about 10 years & no one thing is going to manage my pain. I developed my blend by trying pretty much everything I could afford, keeping what works for me & dumping what doesn't. Roll-on Autumn so we can start walking outside again! Is it crazy hot down there? We have had the weirdest weather I've known in Texas & it's been driving my pain crazy!! I feel so much older than my years, "I can feel it in my bones!" Hahaha! My grandmother used to say that!
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
    edited 07/23/2015 - 9:09 PM
    Since I'm off for the weekend (yea!) I can get caught up here. I'm going to read through the FAQS and look for the blend. I also ordered some all natural vitamins that has several different roots and such. A couple of them are proven to help block nerve pain and inflammation! Hopefully they work as well as I'm praying they will.

English Girl - I have 2 granddaughters. 1 is 2, will be 3 on Aug 9 and the baby from my other daughter who is 5 months. My oldest and the 2 year old had to move back home last year. Her boyfriend of 4 years who they lived with just up and decided he "wasn't ready " to settle down. Can u believe that [edit] ?! The poor thing is always bringing me her play phone wanting to call daddy. It's taken awhile for me to not cry when she does that. I feel so sorry for her! In the end, it's always the kids that suffer.

You are right about th crazy weather! That's why we call it the bipolar state! Lol. It's just mega hot and miserable. It feels like a steam bath when u go out. It's terrible! But, as u said, fall will come and bring some welcome relief from the heat. I enjoy taking my dogs for walks when the weather is nice. And boy! I know exactly what you're talking about. ..... feeling those weather changes. ..... we have rain coming! My grandma's always said that too! I thought they were just kidding with me. That they were watching the news and that's why they knew about the rain. But I certainly know better now! Yikes! It scares me to think how I will feel should we have a hurricane come! Those pressure changes are gonna hurt for sure!