Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

You shouldn't feel that way with what you have?

WaydeWWayde Posts: 1
edited 07/11/2015 - 4:18 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello all whose reading,
I'm a 46 yr old male with bulging discs in my back fo 7 plus years, can't feel my legs within minutes of sitting, pretty much a club foot on my right and my left is catching up fast, new errors times a day shootingpains into arch of foot from my lower back,I was recently tiring to fix my right foot via more testing, had a mylogram on my lower lumbar, l1-5all have mild disc bulges, I have sciatica, feeling my feet is a must have!
What happens next isn't fun, I fell into a sink hole up to my groin one legged into a nasty sudden stop on a fence post and ground, jarred my head not knowing until next am, stiff as a board, couldn't move it to the left without extreme nerve shooting pain, only in neck area, I went to doctors immediately and he thought I just pull the muscles around it,, he wanted to crack it but I wouldn't allow it. He gave a X-ray which was negative. I then went thru two weeks of fn hell, I called and complained of killer headaches in the back side with muscles so tight I kept feeling like I was STUCK on my neck positions, felt like going to ER, listening to my doc , I thought I'm being a puss and it shouldn't hurt this bad. I seen my doc after 2 weeks, demanded and Mri, reluctantly agreed to it.
Funny findings were-- mild multilevel disc bulges/protrusions, there is borderline canal stenosis at c3-c4,c5-c6 and c6-c7 levels, multilevel mild foraminal stenosis, no cord edema,
The doctor took me off work immediately and off to PT I go ,3 times a week.
At first with the messages and exercise and elec stim , it was feeling a bit better, couldn't rid of headaches or pain in neck by clavicle base up to ear or neck muscle in back to shoulder blades, 3 weeks into Pt I felt traction would help, and so did therapist,since I couldn't hold my head up normal without grinding popping pain up thru my back of neck to head. My hands are fed up due to carpal tunnel but I know the new shooting pain into them has to be from my neck, between my blades goes xxxx I buzzing with the wrong moves I light up both sides of my blades to my hands, armpits hurt like hell into forearm and hand. I look left or right and my neck wants to go front and center within 3 seconds either way and feels light a tight band,I've been on pain killers, relaxers Motrin for a long while, it doesn't touch my nerve hardcore pain. My head feels like it's on a post that grinds with movement and pains me intensely to look left. Headaches do not go away with pain melds. Looking up and down gives nerve pain in between my shoulders.Hard to hold up I feel, base of head feels like blowing up with chin tucks, Pt lady doesn't understand my pain? Am I full of xxxx? This is all I think about daily now is this stupid neck, couldn't get on track to fix my back now this, pretty damn sure the fall screwed my back up worse then it was too. Is there an end to the neck pain via PT? Why are my neck nerves sending pain further down now and not earlier? This really sucks and I need help please!
I see my doctor Wednesday for a possible return to work, I can't work how I feel but he thinks I shouldn't feel this way. He gave me work restrictions of no bending, lifting 10 lbs, or on feet more then an hour, when I do go back, however I'm a machinist/ welder which requires 8 to 10 on feet, nothing in the shop under 10 lbs, I run a very large boring mill, climbing up and down, and use large wrenches to tighten.
What can I do?? More PT? Then what, my life isn't on the happy train, I need help please

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Please take the time to read this post and refer to it when you have questions

I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing.
    Here are just some of the highlights that are available as tabs on the main Spine-Health menu bar

Spine-Health Main Menu Tabs

Conditions Detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal condition.
    Treatment List of treatments to the conditions identified by Spine-Health.
    Wellness Section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.
    Medical Articles
    Pain Forums These are the forums you will be using
    Find A Doctor This provides with a method to search for doctors in various locations.
    Videos Index to all Spine-Health Videos

As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family[/u] who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 27,00 international members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts[u] do not violate any of the rules.[/u]

- All new members must read our FAQ in order to understand the layout of the forums, how to navigate through the forums, helpful terms, how to make effective threads and posts, plus a link index to many of the important medical forums and key medical articles on Spine-Health Forum FAQ

I am positive any member, new or old will find this Chroinc Pain - Step by Step thread very valuable.

Here are some links that all new members need to review to create effective threads and more

Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

You can also find Spine-Health on these Social Networks

Facebook www.facebook.com/spinehealth
    Pinterest http://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/
    Twitter https://twitter.com/SpineHealth

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message facility to[u] contact any one of the Spine-Health Moderators

Doug Hell

Also working with us very closely is Allison Walsh from the Spine-Health company

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery