Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foot Drop help

Im Tim, 7 weeks ago now i had surgery for a herniated L5-S1 disc that caused foot drop in my left foot. I only had the foot drop for about 24 hours before the surgery, i thought it would get better but its been 7 weeks now and almost no improvement! my leg has gotten stronger as ive been at the gym every day, but i still cant lift my foot or toes up. it is very frustrating!! im 33 and very active! with alot of life ahead of me... i just wanted to ask if anyone has gotten there foot back to 100% even 80% ? every post ive read the foot drop seems preminate?? Is there anything that can help with the healing?? please help.........

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    edited 07/12/2015 - 11:01 AM
    It may be helpful to you to use __ search___ upper right on page.
    Type in your concerns and you may be led to older posts, articles, and or videos.

Sometimes I search and find I have more questions. I may continue to search.
    But usually I write down my questions to bring to doctor.

I wish you the very best in your recovery! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi Tim. I'd take the advise from Savage. It could make you feel better. I know there have been member here who wrote about their 'SLOW & STEADY' recovery from foot drop. No one can tell you it will get 100% better or not but I promise you that for some it does go. Learning the tools they used to recover could be really helpful. I think at this point just knowing that you're not alone will be great! I'm sorry that you're going through this.
    Have you had proper Physical Therapy to learn the exercises you should & shouldn't be doing?
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.