Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 weeks S/P L5-S1 fusion, Robaxin?

Hi to all recovering,
I am just 7 weeks post-op from L5-S1, one level fusion. I start PT this Thursday and had my first follow up with my Doc on June 29th. I am still feeling a lot of muscular pain and they gave me a script for Robaxin 2-3x per day. This medication has not been doing anything for the muscular pain and leg spasm! Has anyone tried this medication? My PA doesn't want to continue me on Percocet (5/325), which I was only taking 1-2 per day which was giving me good relief
Also, I feel pretty discouraged because I am still in a decent amount of muscular pain around the incision radiating to my left leg. I am trying to take Tylenol, however it only alleviates the pain for 2 hours. I am not sure what to do and I am frustrated because I feel like I am "whining" to my service about my pain :[ . I just want to get a good pain regimen.

any advice?

• i am also 7 weeks pot op today from my L5-S1 PLIF!! I stl have horiffic back and muscle pain. robaxin never seemed to help me at all!! i am now on Skelaxin 800mg every 8 ours. that hs helped me a lot! my doctor also took me off percocet and i am now taking hydocodon 7.5/325 every 8 hours as well and that does help with my pain as well. i completly underrstand about wanting a good pain control!!! it took me about 5 out of the 8 days i was in the hospitail to find a pain killer that worked for longer than 1 hour! i pray that you are feeling better soon!!!!!
    L5-S1 Emergency PLIF Revision May 26th 2015
    L5-S1 PLIF May 22nd 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Feb 27th 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Oct 30th 2014.