Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 weeks post-op from SCS implant.....in SEVERE pain!

I have been scouring the web trying to find something that could help me with my dilemma. Thankfully I found these forums.

I have the Eon Mini rechargeable SNS surgery on June 5th. The back leads were remarkable and have helped me immensely. The only drawback that I had in the beginning was I would feel a little nauseated while recharging. And i was told that and I was "allergic" to the glue that they used because my incision sites were extremely red and slow to heal.

About a week ago, I started having slight pain in my lower left abdomen. I have had a hernia repair there, so I thought maybe it was that, because the incision & pocket for my battery is also on my left side. Now I am an overweight female, and the pocket incision was quite painful with recovery. Walking up steps, sitting or lying in certain positions was excruciating. That was to be expected. If you picture a few tennis balls (weighted) being held together by a net, and some of the "strings" of that net are cut, the tennis balls would shift. Common sense. This pain got stronger to where I thought maybe it was menstrual cramps.......but more severe than usual.

Each day has continued to get worse. Three days ago, I began having sharp, stabbing pains around my battery site. Touching it, I found that it had completely shifted onto it's side! I felt like Sigourney Weaver in the movie "Alien" because I could literally see the battery protruding through my skin.
I called my rep from St. Jude and he said to call the surgeon. I also mentioned about the nauseousness when recharging and he scoffed saying, "That's a new one". So I feel he was extremely dismissive. I got in touch with my surgeon's office (Pain Management clinic) and they got me in first thing the next morning.

I did not see my Dr., but his PA. They took x-rays and made an appointment for me to come back two days later and gave me some immediate release morphine for the pain. He did agree that it was tipped forward and twisted........but that was it. This was yesterday. I honestly have felt
like going to the ER at least 4-5x each day. But I refrain because I doubt there is anything they can do!!

The pain is now escalated to my diaphragm. I discovered this when yelling at my kids last night! I have been sitting for days with ice on my site and in a binder around my torso. It helps somewhat, but also makes the battery feel like it's pushing up against my stomach Confused I have pain around the back of my left rib cage to just below my sternum......and this is when sitting still. Going upstairs and moving my bowels is very uncomfortable and I just keep popping the pills. Which ironically, is the actual reason why I went for this surgery. .... to get OFF of all of these pain meds!

I've read about battery migration and leakage, but can't find where it lists the symptoms. Is this something that it could be? If so, how do they fix it? And has anybody else experienced something like this or up to offering any advice???
Thanks in advance & wishing you all well and good luck!