Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help please!

BmemmyBBmemmy Posts: 1
edited 07/19/2015 - 10:07 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hello, my mother has been having alot of pain and discomfort around the base of her spine, it is a constant, crushing pain. This usually occurs when sat down, and goes after gentle excersize. She has had mri, xrays, and all of these came back fine. She is 47, fit, 5'5, slim and goes to the gym regularly. She is a receptionist, at a dentist so she's sat down for 8 hours 3 days a week, and in the evenings and during the day on a sofa at home. The doctors have been unable to diagnose anything so I was curious if anyone has had similar pains, or would know a remedy of sorts to help it. She was prescribed strong pain killers.
Help please she is in a lot of discomfort.

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I don't know if you are seeng primary doctor or pain management doctor.

My primary worked with me about two years before referring me to pain management doctor.
    That was best thing for me!

He did other kind of testing.
    The EMG nerve conduction test, was most revealing for me.
    It showed areas of my spine effected that I did not even give voice to.

Pain management doctor also treated my pain more effectively. It can be a little trial and try again for best management of pain....but PM doctor has kept me stable and out of the ER which for me is huge!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I'd try a chiropractor first. I know there are those that feel their quacks,but she might be helped by one. I'm surprised they'd give her pain pills without a definite diagnosis. I'm no medical person, but it sounds like she has a pinched nerve or two. An MRI would disclose that, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry to hear about such pain. I can relate.