Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5S1 fusion and lamenectomy in the a.m.

kellanardokkellanardo Posts: 1
edited 07/19/2015 - 9:05 PM in Recovering from Surgery
I am 44 years old and I feel Iike a terrified child. I have the surgery in the morning and I have no idea what to expect. I know I can't lift anything or bend at the waist for a while and I'm going to have to be careful. Could someone please give me an idea of the pain to expect and if there's anything I can do to help the healing process? I can only take 4 weeks off from work..I can't afford any longer. I only have someone here to help with me and my pets for maybe 2 weeks.
Thanks!

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
advertisement

Comments

• I had the same operation in January, the experience is different for everybody. You will read some horror stories on this forum and you will ready some positive experiences. The best advice I can give you is to give your body time and REST! Depending on your symptoms some conditions may improve immediately and some may take some time. I'm 6 months post op and still in PT for leg/foot weakness. Good luck and keep us posted!
  • As the previous person posted every one is different. I was OK by the second week to look after myself in regard to fixing snacks and feeding animals. Could have done it a few days earlier. For me the biggest problem was that I was sleeping all the time but it also meant I didn't need looking after! I was only in pain really just after surgery I think maybe I was lucky. I would not have liked to have had to go to work at 4 weeks post op. But I am a lot older than you and my fitness levels have suffered with the time I was waiting for my fusion. I hope your fusion is successful and good luck in the future.
    jill55