Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Year and a half of treatments for sciatic pain

potocki99ppotocki99 Posts: 12
edited 07/19/2015 - 10:03 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello there!

My name is Dana and I live in Michigan with my family. My back journey probably started longer ago than I realize, but noticeably in late 2013, I started getting soreness and some very minor hip and leg pain. I am not fond of typical medicine, so I visited my chiropractor. In Feb 2014 I started an office job, and as some of you may understand, when you start a new job, especially an office job, it isn't odd to find yourself sitting for hours on end. I believe this made my back go from bad to wayyyy worse. The pain was sometimes worse than having a baby naturally - that is no exaggeration. I would go up an down my leg, hip, and buttocks. I can't remember timeline, and exact details, but suffice to say, my chiro said to me that he couldn't do anything more for me. So, my next step, via my physician was to get the nerve study done, and then on to the pain doctor. That was successful for a very short time. Early in this year, I was finally referred to a NS. Just before my surgery, in addition to the pain, there were also parts that were becoming numb.
I just had my microdiscectomy L5S1 3 weeks ago, and I am very hopeful that I will have a full recovery.

This site has been very informative and helpful as I have navigated through this!

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!

• I'm so glad you've finally got some relief. Take it slow & steady & please let us know how you progress. There are too many bad stories on the Internet because people often get 'fixed' & move on with their lives. I look forward to reading your success!! Good news is truly welcomed. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.