Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3rd day post op!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hola Everyone! Sorry this is my first post, there wasn't really enough time or privacy to post soon. But, my surgery was Tuesday and it all went well! I was home the day after surgery and have been steadily getting better each day. It's amazing what sleep will do for recovery!!

Thank you again for all the good thoughts and well wishes, I know they made a difference. Has anyone heard from Jeff or Gary to know how their surgeries went?

~Lynne
advertisement

Comments

• Congrats on your recovery. Keep us posted. Dave is going in in less than 2 weeks. His biggest problem now is getting "cleared" for surgery. His idiot PCP wants him to have a stress test, whereas his cardiologist (who is well respected) thinks that is crazy. I guess the cardiologist will clear him next week, because his PCP refuses to budge.But then, this is the guy who did not order a CT after his Dave's accident, when this all started.

Great hearing from you!

Linda MI
  • ....to a good recovery, Lynne. It was 3 weeks yesterday for me postop ACDF, 2 levels, and still quite happy that I made the decision to have the surgery.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Monique
  • My surgery went just as yours. I couldn't be happier today. Came home yesterday. Wow, of all the surgeries I have had in the past two years, about 17, this one has been the best in terms of immediate results. So glad I went through it. Now when the steroids wear off I will sleep better. I am so glad you are doing well...

Gary
  • Glad to hear everyone is going so well.

Now my big question for you and Gary, did you have to wear a collar after? I'm in an Aspen collar for the next 4-6 weeks. I'm finding it almost unbearable to sleep with.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I wore a collar for almost two months post-op of a four level ACDF, corpectomy, and discectomy, with hardware. I was able to remove it while I was reading, watching TV, etc... Wore it when walking and riding in a car. Got very paranoid of a rear end collision and the air bag deploying in my face also. Good luck to you, hope all continues to go well for you.
    Ranger
  • Jeff,

I'm in an Aspen collar too except for sleeping when I get to wear a soft collar. I've fallen asleep a couple times in the Aspen collar and woken up from the discomfort. Maybe check with your doctor about getting a soft collar for sleeping.

Monique
  • Yes, just called the doctor's answering service and he called back. I don't have to wear the collar at night!! :D

• Glad everything went ok for you!

About the collar stuff... I wish I didn't have to wear mine 24/7, but thankful I'm only in a soft-collar ;)
  • I went without my collar last night and it felt weird like I was going to end up pulling the screws and plate out if I turned my head wrong.

Any one else get that feeling?
  • Hi guys,
    Well, I luckily am not wearing a collar though there are times I wish I had one. My doc said it was so hot and as long as I was careful he felt my neck muscles would control it all. So far so good but boy when I go out am looking around a bit! I grew 1/4 inch too and I can really feel the pull on my muscles. Hopefully you won't need a collar long but remember, there are times when I would like a soft one at least! Also, one of those contour pillows has helped me sleep so much better! almost slept 5 hours last night! Hope your recoveries go well...
    Gary
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.