Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

All you need to know about Arthritis

SHModeratorSHModerator Posts: 43
edited 01/12/2016 - 7:40 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Over 18 months ago, Veritas LLC (parent company for Spine-Health) announced and released a Web site dedicated to Arthritis.

The site Arthritis-Health - Trusted Information for Arthritis Relief is without a doubt, the most comprehensive medical site that deals with all types of Arthritis.

Every month more detailed is being added to this site. I use it as a total medical reference and research guide. You can access it via your desktop, laptop or mobile devices. This is the breakdown of the categories: When you hear arthritis, many people think that its something for older people and how their hands and fingers look. Arthritis goes far beyond that.
Arthritis is a condition describing inflammation of a joint, and applies to over 100 diseases that have been identified to date. Most of these diseases fall into one of two categories:

This type of degenerative arthritis is so common; many people referring to "arthritis" mean just osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is the break-down of cartilage in a joint from aging or repetitive movements.

[u] Rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder where the body attacks the synovial fluid in the joints, leading to stiffness, pain, and possibly deformities in the affected joints.

Other conditions that fall into these categories are:

• - Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) mainly affects the spine
    - Gout is an often painful type of inflammatory arthritis caused by a buildup of uric acid in a joint.
    - Juvenile arthritis is an umbrella term that encompasses over 100 different childhood inflammatory and autoimmune conditions
    - Pseudogout (CPPD) is a type of inflammatory arthritis that occurs when calcium pyrophosphate crystals accumulate in a joint
    - Psoriatic Arthritis is a condition where psoriasis of the skin is linked to joint inflammation
    - Inflammation of the bursa is not a type of arthritis, rather it shares similar symptoms and may cause arthritis in some cases.
After I finished (I hope) with all of my spinal surgeries, degenerative arthritis started to spread rapidly through my body. The Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) has always added to my major discomfort along with my multi-region Spinal stenosis. I first really started to be impacted by OA (Osteoarthritis) around 2004. By 2010, both of my shoulders had deteriorated to bone on bone and further steroid injections were not advisable. So, in 2010, I had both of my shoulders totally replaced with titanium implants. By 2012/13, I had both of my hips totally replaced with titanium implants. Since there is really no cure for OA, my doctors are confident that I will also need to have both of my knees totally replaced.

The surgical videos for those procedures were amazing and provided great detail I used those videos as a educational guide before my surgery.

The information Blogs contain a lot of detail and provide answers to many questions that I am sure you have. One of the blogs, they wrote for me Ron's Personal Arthritis Story

Those of you who have known me over the years here on Spine-Health understand my passion. The Arthritis Health is also a passion for me, very close to my heart.

Please take some time to check out this site. I am sure that you will be very pleased about the layout and content.
Ron DiLauro,  Spine-Health