Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How long do they last?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 51,461
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Spinal Injections
;) Hi there :) ,

How are you all? I am in plenty of pain. I was having back pain and leg pain and my surgeon tried me with nerve root block and facet joint injcetions. Well... all the leg pain has gone which I am so happy about. But my back pain is still there and causing me problems. On a normal day it's hard for me to sit down then stand up again. My surgeon has said I have facet joint syndrome at L4-S1. I have done physio therapy, the injcetions. What other treatment is there for me? And my main question is how long will the leg pain relief last? I am so scared that it could come back at any moment.

Sorry for going on a bit.

Hope all is well and good in the hood,

Lyssie xx
advertisement

Comments

• I have a bulging disc at L3 and stenosis. The initial episode of pain, 2 months ago, was horrendous. The epidural worked great right away. After a month I got some minor leg pain returning but it's nothing compared to what it was. If it gets worse I wouldn't hesitate to get another epidural. I do a lot of preventative exercise now.
  • My longest lasting shot was almost 7 months for C-6-7 shot, 4 months for an L4-5 shot. No more for me please.